June 28, 2009 in Image Editing (E)
[prMac.com] Copenhagen, Denmark - Opcoders today released GraphicDesignerToolbox 1.1.3, a free update to their powerful Mac OS X graphics editor. Perfect for web designers that need to compose seamless tileable backgrounds, trim pixels, prepare thumbnails and add shadows, plus much more! Special focus for this release has been to write documentation and add a Twirl filter.
Efforts are still going on for implementing the same filters as in Apple Shake. This time a Twirl building block has been added. Work has begun on documenting each of the building block, as a start 20 blocks has been documented. An Apple Shake to GraphicDesignerToolbox transition guide has been written that describes compatibility between Shake nodes and GDT building blocks.
* Documented 20 blocks and wrote Apple Shake to GDT guide (5 days of work)
* Added a "Twirl" block for whirlpool spiral effects
* Added a "Camouflage1.box1" project to the Texture sample pack
* Renamed the "Thumbnail" block to "Fit" so it matches with Apple Shake
* Changed default size for "Gradient" from 500x500 to 512x512
* Changed default size for "Fault" from 500x500 to 512x512
* Changed default size for "Crop" from 500x500 to 512x512
* Renamed the "Transform" blocks "Interpolate" parameter to "Anti Aliasing"
* Renamed the "Stripe" blocks "Mode" parameter to "Anti Aliasing"
* Renamed the "Chaos" blocks "Function Seed" parameter to "Seed"
* Single window editor
* Unified bitmap/vector compositing
* 96 building blocks
* Getting Started pdf included, 27 pages
* Multiple difficulty levels: easy, medium, hard
* 3 fast-access example projects accessible at launch, many more available online
* Build assets and recycle your work
* Construct amazingly impressive graphics
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later
* 1 GB system RAM
* Graphics card with 64 MB video RAM
* 20 MB hard drive space
Pricing and Availability:
GraphicDesignerToolbox 1.1.3 can be downloaded from the homepage. A single user license can be purchased for 29.95 Euros ($42.95 USD). Media and interested parties may request license codes for reviewing.
Opcoders is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Simon Strandgaard in Copenhagen, Denmark. Opcoders main focus is the development of GraphicDesignerToolbox for the Mac platform.