November 18, 2013 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Milano, Italy - Tension Software announces AutoMailer 2.0. AutoMailer is an application for OS X that allows to merge data from a database with email templates and send to multiple addresses in text or web format. It allows to send an unlimited quantity of emails with a single click, with a personalized contents depending of each recipient. Emails sent by AutoEmailer look like and are standard emails. People receiving the emails will not notice any difference compared to standard emails and they will be able to reply to them as usually. The difference is that any recipient can receive a different email personalized with his own data (merged from the internal database table) even if you prepared and sent thousands of them with a single operation.
AutoMailer is document based and allows to use as many documents the user needs to manage all the different list and emails he requires.
AutoMailer has now an improved functionality, able to detect and import from databases in a very smart and simpler way. The user can import addresses and any kind of data from any database able to export in text format, both CSV (comma separated value) and TSV (Tab separated value) The application is able to automatically detect during imports, the type of data and formatted method to provide imports of data without any problems.
Data imported into AutoMailer are managed in the internal document table in an easy and simple way. Once data are imported inside AutoMailer, they can be modified, updated and enlarged with new additional data at any time. Many commands provide manipulation of internal records in a fast and intuitive way.
AutoMailer provides also a separate 'except' list of address the user can maintain, to provide a list of addresses that will never be used to send, to be sure to never send anything to those addresses.
The template email used to merge data from the internal database table can now be written both in text or in html to send also emails in web format (also including pictures linked from a support server) AutoMailer provides for html emails, at any time, a live preview or the email the user is composing.
Emails can be previewed also for any address the user want to send to, with all the data merged for any of those users, simply selecting it from a list.
All the emails can be sent with a single command, with the capability to send them, one by one, specifying an interval time between each sending. The application can prepare and send emails both using the Mail.app installed on any Mac or accessing directly (as a standard email client) an email server you have access to.
One of the goal in creating AutoMailer was easy of use. Anyone with a minimum of familiarity with the Mac will be able to use AutoMailer at best efficiency using all the potentiality of the app in a very intuitive way.
Settings, data and email templates are saved inside documents, ready to be reused at later time reopening the documents. The user can prepare email templates inserting content of the database table using a simple syntax ( a popup offers all the available field tags to access tabled data, without having to type them).
AutoMailer provides a lot of additional functionalities to help the user do his job in the best way:
* User can send just one, a partial subset or all the emails (one for any data records)
* If the user is in need of it , he can load at any time more data
* At any time data are viewable and modifiable in the table view with editing in place inside the table
* Operation of preparation and email sending are registered inside the document log and saved on disk
The emails sending, is managed in a separated thread, to keep the app always responsive.
This new releases has many improvements, the most important are the capabilities to send both text emails or web (created in html) emails and management of an Except (never send) list and possibility to send directly via an external mail server.
* Document based, allows to save data and setting and have them ready for successive uses
* Can create and send both text or web (html) emails
* Possibility to manage an infinite number of data and letter template thanks to the document based approach with maximum flexibility of use.
* Big emphases on simplicity and easy of use.
* Elimination of duplicated and invalid emails.
* Extreme easy to import, create and manipulate data to use for merge with letter template
* Table view with possibility to add, delete rows (records) and columns (fields) at any time and to edit in place inside the table
* Easy import with automatic detection of format and with selection of data source elements and destination (data fields) and browsing of source data in advance (before importing)
* Very simple creation of email templates with keywords insertion to put database data inside the emails for any email recipient
* Automatically updated popup to insert data tags inside the email template
* Emails with attachments
* Live preview for any email to send with updated data (you see the email as the recipient will see it) both for text and html emails
* Can send a single email, a subset or all the emails
* Can just prepare the email, to send them at later time manually from inside Mail.app
* Can use and send directly via an external mail server
* Log monitoring of email preparation and sending
* PDF user guide inside the app.
* Can create text emails or web (html) emails
* Improved Import functions
* Improved Export
* Except list to have a list of addresses to never send to
* Improved management of CSV files
* Direct access of external mail server sending as an meal client (without using Mail.app)
* Live preview of created web (html) emails template
* Live preview of web (html) merged emails template
* Improved management of attachments
* Improved sending engine
* Improved log
* Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or higher
Pricing and Availability:
AutoMailer is $25.00 (USD) and available both from the App Store and from the company web site.
Located in Milano, Italy, Tension Software started in 1997 developing Mac software for Mac OS Classic. Now Tension Software still develops Mac software for Mac OS X using the last Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All the current Mac production is made by Universal Applications native on both PPC Mac and Intel Mac. Other brands and products referenced herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Copyright (C) 2013 Tension Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.