July 2, 2009 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Tucson, Arizona - Selznick Scientific Software, LLC today is proud to announce PasswordWallet 4.4.7, a major update to their incredibly popular password management solution for Macintosh, iPhone, WindowsMobile and Palm Pre. With a focus on simplicity and ease-of-use, PasswordWallet effortlessly encrypts and stores passwords, usernames, PIN numbers, combinations and personal notes with extremely fast and secure Blowfish encryption, all in one convenient location.
With PasswordWallet, users can lock/unlock all of their passwords with a single master password. Users can easily save web addresses, and PasswordWallet will launch the default browser for them. By leveraging PasswordWallet's auto-typing feature, users can effortlessly login to their favorite websites. Auto-typing is system-wide, so it works anywhere, especially on web pages and software registration screens. Usernames or passwords optionally copied to the clipboard are cleared automatically after paste.
Version 4.4.7 is a major update to PasswordWallet for Macintosh and sports many new improvements, including improved voice over support for visually impaired users, Palm Pre compatible HTML export, options to share passwords between records, and many other enhancements. The iPhone version adds encrypted backups that can be opened on any platform, clipboard operations, an improved layout for users with big fingers, and more.
* Improved "VoiceOver" support for visually impaired users
* Auto-typing is now compatible with JIS keyboards.
* Click the # to show usernames and passwords as (1) resolved, (2) indexed character lists, or (3) raw, in the main entry list
* Minimized document windows now have simple document icons
* PasswordWallet now saves the locations of PasswordWallet Entry editor windows
* HTML export is now a little bit faster and more reliable
* Added a "Short" random words dictionary option for words between 3 and 5 characters in length
* Typing the first few characters of an entry to select it from the list view works better
* Clicking the gear icon show usernames and passwords as (1) resolved, (2) indexed character lists, or (3) raw
* Application name is now localizable
* Now quitting helper apps when quitting PasswordWallet
* Fixed issue where editing a record would not set the dot on the close box correctly
* Fixed issue with auto-typing an unsaved record from within the editor
* Fixed issue with labels for usernames and passwords not being exported to bookmarklets
PasswordWallet for iPhone:
* Added copy to clipboard of complete records as text (iPhone 3.0 only)
* Added copy to clipboard for username, password and other data (iPhone 3.0 only)
* Added Backup capability to "Choose and Manage Files" screen; creates an encrypted HTML file that you can extract from iTunes backups for decryption on any platform
* Added Coupon UI available from info box
* Built against SDK 2.0 not 2.2.1 for older iPhones
* Localized Display Name in the spring board for foreign languages
* Update HTML help for synchronization and added help for backup
* Auto-type is now compatible with more web sites
* Made toolbar buttons wider
* Auto-type username/password text for web sites with lots of DHTML
* Made the category subsections a little bit shorter to save vertical space
* When creating a file, it is always set as default for the next open
* All lock buttons now ask the user if they actually want to lock
* Old password is saved to the notes when generating a new random one
* Added "]" to mailto URL on help screen
* Fixed problem with controls in rows selecting the row behind it
Among one of PasswordWallet most prolific features is its ability to organize passwords into unlimited, user-defined categories. This makes it very easy to group different password types for website usernames, credit cards or login credentials. Additionally, PasswordWallet features several export options. Users may export clear text entries to print them out, or save for future retrieval on another machine that doesn't have PasswordWallet installed. Other options include exporting as a Safari bookmarklet for iPhone, stand-alone encrypted web page, and even text-to-iPod.
* Retrieve passwords quickly and effortlessly
* Access passwords, usernames and other private info with a single master password
* Synchronize passwords from a Mac with iPhone/iPod Touch, Palm compatible PDA and/or Windows Mobile device
* Secure passwords with PasswordWallet's unique Auto-Typing technology
* Enter multiple usernames and passwords across multiple web pages through Auto-Typing feature
* Uses BlowFish encryption algorithm with 448-bit keys to protect data
* Copies passwords to the clipboard and automatically deletes them after they are pasted
* The master password can be kept in the Mac OS X keychain
* US English, French, German and Japanese.
* Requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later (Leopard Compatible)
* 12.5 MB Hard Drive Space
* iPhone 2.0 or later (with Copy/Paste for 3.0)
* Windows Mobile 5 or later
* Palm Pre 1.0 or later
* Palm OS 4.0 or later
* Network connection (Gigabit recommended for HD)
Pricing and Availability:
PasswordWallet 4.4.7 for Mac is $20.00 (USD) and available as a free upgrade from 4.x. $15 upgrade for 3.x customers. Discounted upgrades are available for qualified users. PasswordWallet 4.4.7 for iPhone is only $4.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store. Palm Pre is included with PasswordWallet for Mac. Version 4.4.7 for WindowsMobile is priced at $14.00. Palm is priced at $15.00. PasswordWallet 4.4.7 is a major update and a recommended download for all customers.
Headquartered in sunny Tucson, Arizona, Selznick Scientific Software, LLC is a privately held limited liability company founded in 1998 by Sanford Selznick. With over 23 years experience as a developer, Sanford's aim is developing unique and useful utilities for the Macintosh, Windows and Mobile platforms, with an emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Copyright (C) 1998-2009 Selznick Scientific Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, and the Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.