July 6, 2009 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Wellington, New Zealand - Maggot Software today announced the release of Conformalizer 3.1.3, the long awaited update to its cutting edge re-conform application for sound post-production professionals. This latest offering adds official support for Pro Tools 8 as well as a raft of other powerful new features to help sound editors untangle picture recuts.
Conformalizer is the industry's most powerful and flexible re-conform tool, enabling sound editors to deal with complex and ongoing picture recuts as well as helping to detect Visual FX changes as the picture cut progresses. Film and video post professionals around the world have come to rely on Conformalizer to make sense of last minute recuts and to help re-conform their Pro Tools sessions, ADR databases and FX lists. With Conformalizer's new search features and flexible editing tools, Color grading and VFX departments are discovering that this valuable information can save hours of manual work and reduce the chance of human error.
* Automatically re-conforms a Pro Tools session or any tab or comma separated text file
* Reads CMX3600 EDLs, film cut lists, Final Cut XML and AVID change notes
* Searches multiple files for a particular shot or scene so users can decide on the best match
* Uses intelligent VFX shot tracing to keep track of updated VFX shots as they film evolves
* Locks two quicktime movies to the change list events so users can verify, compare and modify the list visually
* Enables near sample accurate locked playback of two Quicktime movies for powerful comparison of updated VFX and audio changes
Changes since previous release (3.0.1):
* Auto-conform routines completely overhauled to improve speed and reliability
* Search feature now compares actual frame ranges and returns a detailed breakdown of which cuts most closely match the current
* Quicktime movie views are now better looking, more responsive and more compatible with Leopard
* Quicktime play and stop buttons reinstated with rock solid sync and faster start times
* Colorization of events indicates unmatched shots as well as VFX updates
* Added "compare selected events" option allowing very powerful tracing when combined with the new search and colorization features
* Lots of fixes, tweaks and enhancements
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* G4 Processor, 1GHz or faster
Conformalizer 3.1.3 is $799 (USD) for a single license, $3199 (USD) for a 5 user and $5499 (USD) for a 10 user license and is available for $999 (USD) as part of the "maggot meal deal". A free upgrade is available to all 3.x users.
Located in Wellington, New Zealand, Maggot Software is a software development company founded by Justin Webster and specializing in software solutions for the music and film post-production industries. All Material and Software (C) 2004-2007 Maggot Software / All Rights Reserved.