July 7, 2009 in Mac OSX (E)
[prMac.com] Victoria, British Columbia, Canada - Tidal Pool Software is pleased to announce the release of MacProxy 1.0 for Mac OS X Leopard. MacProxy provides system-wide network proxy support for the Mac, including for applications without proxy support. Avoid proxy setup for each application, just enable MacProxy and your Mac's network connections are forwarded to a proxy.
MacProxy allows you to surf the internet from behind a LAN/firewall, easily tether your Mac to a SmartPhone/iPhone (requires a proxy server on your mobile device, such as Tether from Tidal Pool Software), and navigate the internet securely and anonymously. MacProxy provides a simple and intuitive user interface via a menulet control and a System Preference pane. Easily enable/disable the proxy and quickly switch between multiple proxy servers.
* Redirect almost all of your Mac's network traffic to any compatible SOCKS proxy server
* Works with browsers (Safari, Firefox), email (Mail), chat (iChat), FTP, telnet, and many more network applications
* Enable/disable and switch the active proxy conveniently from a menulet
* Create one or more proxy server entries
* Track session statistics including the number of active connections, data sent, and data received
* DNS resolution through the proxy server
* Secure browsing by hiding your IP address
* Support for SOCKS proxy protocol versions 4, 4a, and 5 with userid and username/password authentication
* Logging support
Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later
Pricing and Availability:
MacProxy is available now for download from Tidal Pool Software. The download includes a free, fully functional, 30 day trial. Purchase MacProxy for just $19.99 (USD).
Based in Victoria, BC, Canada, Tidal Pool Software is an independent software company dedicated to writing great software for Mac OS X and iPhone. Copyright 2009 Tidal Pool Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.