July 8, 2009 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Scottsdale, Arizona - Cynical Peak Software is excited to announce the release of Rivet 2.2, their application for streaming video, music, and photos from Mac OS X to the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Rivet is an easy to use and fun way to play all of your favorite media content from your Mac on your TV using your Xbox 360 or PS3, including movies, TV shows, music, photos, and podcasts. You can now easily enjoy all of your media on your big screen TV from the comfort of your living room.
Rivet enables everyone to quickly browse and view their entire collection of digital media from from anywhere in the house on their Xbox 360 or PS3. Your Mac's folder structure and organization is completely reproduced to allow you to quickly find exactly what you want to view. Navigation is now a breeze. You no longer have to search through a long list to find what you want. Dig in and start watching right away.
Rivet 2.2 adds a two highly requested features along with a host of smaller improvements and bug fixes. The first highly requested feature is display of video thumbnails and album art for music. Leveraging the power of Leopard's QuickLook technology, thumbnails will now be displayed on the Xbox 360 and PS3 giving the user more feedback on their selection and a better experience while browsing their media. The second feature is support for Events in iPhoto. Users can now browse and view photos from their iPhoto Events along with their folders and smart folders.
* Xbox 360 and PS3 support
* Music streaming of your iTunes library
* Photo streaming of your iPhoto library, Aperture library, and user defined folders
* Video streaming from user defines folders
* Full organization support, your mac is recreated on the Xbox 360 and PS3
* Video thumbnail and music album art support using QuickLook
* Quick automatic updating on the Xbox 360 and PS3. when files are added, deleted, or moved
New in version 2.1:
* Added video thumbnails display (Xbox and PS3)
* Added music album art display (PS3 only)
* Added support for iPhoto Events
* Added metadata support for the date and duration of movies
* Improved loading speed of photo thumbnails
* Improved parsing speed of media and libraries
* Fixed display of accented characters
* Fixed an index number issue
* Fixed an issue that could cause an iPhoto folder to only display movies or photos, not both
* Fixed an issue that could cause an Aperture folder to only display movies or photos, not both
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5 or later
* iTunes for music sharing
* A networked Xbox 360 or PS3
* 3.8 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Rivet 2.2 may be purchased for $18.95 (USD) and comes with a limited streaming demonstration period.
Headquartered in in Scottsdale, Arizona, Cynical Peak Software, LLC was founded in 2003 by President and CEO, Brad Miller, with a focus on bringing high quality software to the Macintosh platform. Copyright 2003 - 2009 Cynical Peak Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.