July 10, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Outlook, Washington, USA - Calf Trail Software, LLC today announced the version 1.4 release of Geotagalog, their GPS tracklog based geotagging utility. Version 1.4 brings significant improvements to speed and file handling, making the geotagging workflow even smoother.
Geotagalog enables precise iPhoto Places support with any digital camera. It automatically combines digital photos with location data from a GPS tracklog (in GPX, NMEA 0183 and Garming .tcx Training Center formats), showing a live location preview with mouseover thumbnails as the user adjusts camera time settings for better alignment.
* Opens tracklogs and displays them on a simple map
* Losslessly geotags JPEG and RAW photos from a connected digital camera or from files and folders
* Shows live preview of photo locations while user adjusts geotagging parameters
* Imports photos into iPhoto with the click of a button
* Allows photos from any digital camera to appear in iPhoto '09 Places as if they came from a GPS-enabled camera
Geotagalog 1.4 adds:
* Ability to select individual photo files instead of just folders
* Non-geotaggable items may now be optionally imported into iPhoto
* Much better photo loading, adjustment and previewing performance
* Tracklogs, photo files and folders may now be dropped directly onto the map or Dock icon
* 13.3 MB download
* Requires Mac OS X version 10.5 Leopard
* Universal Binary works on PowerPC and Intel
The improvements in Geotagalog version 1.4 are offered as a free update to existing customers. A quantity-limited demo is available; the full version remains at the introductory price of only $19.95 (USD).
Calf Trail Software, LLC was founded mid-2008 by Nathan Vander Wilt and Jon Hjelle in Sunnyside, WA. Calf Trail designs and develops user-focused applications for Mac and iPhone, with a love for making engineering innovations accessible. Copyright 2008-2009 Calf Trail Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhoto are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Garmin, the Garmin Training Center and its logo(s) Copyright (C) Garmin Ltd.