January 12, 2014 in Navigation (F)
[prMac.com] Parker, Colorado - Independent developer, Michael Schulte is pleased to introduce Flight Track RT 1.0 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This is the best app to use in flight to view the flight track, keep an easy, accurate, real-time event log and provide a detailed debriefing afterwards.
* Displays the flight track in real-time
* Captures the time, Latitude/Longitude, altitude and course for user-specified events with a single touch
* Annotates the map with events
* Custom log entry can be made at any time
* Review the flight in detail when the flight is complete on the device or share via e-mail and import into external mapping tools
* Flight Instructors - customize the log buttons to take easy notes. Use the custom log entry to capture specific events. Provide the student real-time feedback on patterns or maneuvers. Debrief the entire flight lesson in graphical detail after flight completion.
* Student Pilots - Turn this on before the flight and just let it run. View the entire flight in 3D to help visualize how to perfect the lesson's objectives, see how particular situations were handled, or just see how awesome the flight was.
* Commercial And Private Pilots - For any flight where it is required to report on the flight track, when events occurred, what was seen, the app provides all this information after flight completion.
Mission Pilots And Aircrews:
Mission Observers no longer have to write down sortie events. Setup the buttons to capture standard events like: In Grid, Ops Normal Checkin, RTB, Investigate, Divert, Photo, Mark Target, Weather, Communications Relay, etc. Observers will appreciate the decrease in their workload so they can focus more outside the cockpit and spend more time on sortie objectives. They'll finish the mission with a complete and accurate log of mission events that will impress any customer or debriefer.
Incident Commanders, Air Operations Branch Directors, and Aircrew will love how it enhances debriefings by graphically displaying the route flown during the mission and annotating all sortie events. The map can be zoomed in and analyzed in a number of ways. The log can be e-mailed and imported into various mapping tools and opened directly in compatible apps on the iPad.
Young Eagle Pilots - Provide the log and KML file to the young eagle and they'll have a souvenir of their first flight to see where they went and where they took the controls for the first time.
* Constant display of time, Latitude, Longitude, GPS Altitude and Magnetic Course
* Flight timer
* Nine customizable log buttons (seven on iPhone) to make logging common events a breeze with one touch
* Map and track is displayed and updated in real-time to review accuracy of maneuvers enhancing situational awareness
* Flight Log captures Log Number, Time, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Course, and Event every time an event button is pressed
* Debrief View shows route, event annotations, and complete log to facilitate flight discussion
* Route and event information is interoperable with other iPad apps compatible with GPX or KML formats and can be reviewed in an immersive 3D depiction of the flight
* GPX or KML files can be shared through e-mail along with mission log
* GPS Track is logged in the background so you are free to utilize other apps during flight
* Use internal or external GPS
* Automatically logs wheels up and wheels down Flight ends automatically if you forget
* Flights are saved and can be reviewed at any time
* Supports Metric and Imperial Units and three standard degree formats
* Auto-zoom to event in debrief mode
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.1 or later
* 5.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Flight Track RT 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category. This version is fully functional and limits flight logs to 10 minutes. Purchase flight credits or unlock unlimited flights using the convenient in-app purchase.
Michael Schulte is passionate about technology and aviation. In addition to being an avid aviator and instrument-rated pilot, Mike is an aircrew member in the Civil Air Patrol and believes in utilizing innovative technologies like the iPad to make flying safer, easier, and more efficient. He began writing mobile apps in 2013, first releasing the ORM Worksheet for iPad and iPhone in May, 2013, followed by CAP Preflight, CAP Grid, and CAPFlight Pro. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013-2014 Michael Schulte. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.