July 19, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] app4mac.com is delighted to announce that Magrathea is joining its products line, and has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Magrathea source code from Caffeinated Cocoa.
Magrathea is the ultimate geotagging solution for Mac. It allows the user to easily tag photos and home videos with the location where they were taken. Using high resolution satellite maps, easy to use search tools, and a simple, integrated interface, Magrathea makes it easy and fun to manage and present media. app4mac acquired Magrathea because this product fits into app4mac's strategy to deliver innovative products for Mac users.
Key features of Magrathea:
* Browse media with street-level maps or a detailed list.
* View media right in the application, or present a virtual tour of photos in a Flyby Slideshow.
* Geotag media just by entering the name or address of the places you went, or drag and drop photos directly on the map from the integrated iLife Media Browser.
* Share photos and their locations with anyone from anywhere with the integrated Flickr uploader.
* View friends' Flickr photos right alongside your own on the map.
* View and edit information about each place, such as its name, address, phone number, and comments.
* Import geotagged photos from GPS enabled cameras.
A new version of Magrathea (with a new name) will be available in coming weeks.
app4mac will continue to support all existing Magrathea customers. Please send an email to email@example.com with "Magrathea" as the subject and you will receive a notification when a new version will be available.
app4mac is a market-leading Mac software developer team. We are committed to delivering powerful and innovative software to our customers at competitive prices and also some high quality freewares. The company was created in 2001 by two twin brothers with the goal of providing innovative applications for Mac OS X. We at app4mac think it is the most advanced operating system in the world and the easiest to use. We have a great pleasure to build products for it and we are committed to creating quality software that will make the Mac even more user-friendly.