July 17, 2009 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Mons, Belgium - Creaceed today announced the release on the App Store of Vocalia 2.0, its speech recognition application for the iPhone. Creaceed listened to their users and implemented the most requested features. On the one hand, users can ask Vocalia to search for songs from the iTunes library by saying the artist or group name. On the other hand, they can import their bookmarks from their Mac to their iPhone/iPod Touch, and then ask Vocalia to open them in Safari.
Vocalia works in English, French and German, and is based on CeedVocal SDK, the speech recognition technology developed by Creaceed for the iPhone. Additional languages will be available within a few weeks.
What's new in 2.0?
Thanks to Vocalia, people owning an iPhone v1, 3G or a 2nd generation iPod Touch will have access to speech recognition features like on the iPhone 3GS.
* Ask Vocalia to play songs from the iTunes library
* Import bookmarks from the Mac to the iPhone, and ask Vocalia to open them in Safari
* Vocalia isn't limited to the iPhone anymore, it also supports the 2nd generation iPod Touch
* Proximity sensing improves speech recognition results in noisy environments
* Show help messages on almost any screen (a blue line with some voice commands you can use)
* Other new features in Vocalia 2.0 include additional voice commands, and several bug fixes
Vocalia also has other convenient functions:
* Look for contacts in the address book
* Define additional vocal shortcuts for contact names
* Split first and last names of contacts
* Set the navigation mode (voice, manual taps or timer)
* Shake the iPhone to try again
* Activate vibration to know when to start speaking
* iPhone and 2nd generation iPod Touch
* For the iPod Touch: a headset with external mic
* iPhone OS X 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
For a very limited time, Vocalia is available for $3.99 (USD) - discounted from $5.99 - on the App Store. The update is free for current users. Promo codes and high resolution screenshots are available to the media upon request.
Creaceed, a Belgian company with a passionate team experienced in signal and image processing, provides intuitive and easy to use creative applications to Mac professionals and consumers: Hydra, for HDR image creation from regular photos; Morph Age, for morphing and warping images and movies; Magnet, for adding special effects to QuickTime movies with motion-tracking features; and Prizmo, for scanning documents with a digital camera. Creaceed also provides Vocalia, an English, French and German speech recognition application, to iPhone users, and a speech recognition SDK to iPhone developers. Copyright 2008-2009 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod Touch, iTunes and Safari are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.