August 3, 2009 in Mac OSX (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - Cocoatech today released Path Finder 5.1.4, an update to their award-winning file management utility for Mac OS X. Path Finder 5 was first released in late October 2008, and has received more than a dozen free updates.
The latest version of Path Finder adds a handful of new user-requested features:
* Back to my Mac support
* The option to remove the Finder icon from the Dock
* Desktop grid spacing adjustments
* Trackpad swipe gestures to move back and forward
* Display of local WebDAV volumes
Path Finder is a standalone application that looks and operates much like the Finder, but with many additional features and enhancements. Path Finder is optimized for single window use, eliminating the clutter of overlapping windows.
* Tabbed file browsing
* Bookmarks Bar - view the contents of favorite folders in a popup menu
* Dual pane browsing - view the contents of two folders side-by-side in one window
* Drop Stack - pause drag-and-drop operations
* Breadcrumbs - display the current path, and navigate back to any previous folder with a single click
* File list filtering - limit a list of files by name or extension
* Selection tool - select files using specific criteria
* Application Launcher - quick access to all of your apps
* Integrated tools like an Image Converter, Subversion Client, Terminal, and Disk Image creator
English, Japanese, French, German, Taiwanese, Dutch, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Italian and Russian
* Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Snow Leopard compatible)
* 1GB RAM Recommended
Pricing and Availability:
Path Finder 5 can be purchased for $39.95 (USD) and has a full-featured 30 day trial period. Owners of Path Finder 4 may upgrade for $19.95 (USD). You can purchase Path Finder within the application using the built-in secure purchasing system.
Located in San Francisco, California, Cocoatech is a privately held software company founded in 2001 by Steve Gehrman. Steve has over 20 years experience as a Mac OS software developer, and founded Cocoatech with the intention of creating great software for Mac OS X. Our formula is simple, we listen to our customers and give them what they want. Copyright 2001-2009 Cocoatech. All Rights Reserved.