June 26, 2014 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Shenandoah Studio today is thrilled to announce the release and immediate availability of Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein 1.0.1, the much anticipated new game based on the hit Battle of the Bulge, now available as a Universal App. In Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein, a WWII turn-based strategy game, players take control at the turning point of the battle for North Africa. Will you hold the line as the Commonwealth or capture the Suez Canal as the Axis? Find out today on the App Store.
"With Desert Fox, Shenandoah Studio has raised the bar for iOS strategy gaming again!" - Bruce Shelley, Designer - Age of Empires
A Grand Campaign:
In this historical strategy game, players battle across a grand campaign, making key decisions and controlling the final engagement. They must use minefields, ridges, and depressions to shape the battle lines. Diving deeper than Battle of the Bulge and Drive on Moscow, the campaign mode offers a new level of control and customization to players. As commander, players must decide when to defend or attack, preserving valuable forces, or risking them in a daring offensive. Each match results in a unique play experience.
A Wargame for Every Player:
Desert Fox, designed from the ground up for iPhone and iPad, is a thrilling wargame experience for both casual and veteran players. To help new players, we have created a new tutorial system with four learning scenarios that teach concepts as they are encountered by the player. Desert Fox is a perfect introduction to turn-based strategy gaming.
"Battle of the Bulge and Drive on Moscow have run away with untold hours of my time. Desert Fox is primed to do the same!" - Brian Reynolds, lead designer - Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
* Command tanks, recon units, flak guns, and more in strategic desert warfare
* Call the shots and decide when to attack or defend in campaign mode
* Face off against distinct AI opponents, local friends, or players online
* Battle through two stand-alone scenarios in addition to the grand campaign
* Relive victories with replays, leaderboards, and achievements
* Improve your strategy with full rules, charts, and tables
* Discover history with extensive historical photos and commentary
* Designed by Mark Herman, award-winning creator of Washington's War
Desert Fox was developed by Shenandoah Studio, the same team who brought you Drive on Moscow and Battle of the Bulge, one of GAMES Magazine's Top 100 Games and winner of two Charles S. Roberts Awards.
Praise for Battle of the Bulge:
* "Battle of the Bulge is a must-have for anyone with an interest in historical wargaming. 5 Stars" - TouchArcade
* "A fantastic game and a fitting tribute, Battle of the Bulge is unique. 9/10" - Eurogamer
* "Battle of the Bulge is as cold, brutal, and unforgiving as the titular conflict, but it's also one of the top choices for hardcore iPad strategists." - Pocket Gamer UK
* Drive on Moscow Metacritic Score: 90
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 479 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein 1.0.1 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Access a full press kit with screenshots and check out the Kickstarter project that funded this game.
Shenandoah Studio is the premier provider of classic wargames on iOS. Copyright (C) 2014 Shenandoah Studio. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.