August 7, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Bellingham, WA - Logos Bible Software announced today the release of Logos Bible Software for Mac 1.2, a free update to their industry leading technology, Logos Bible Software for Mac. This free upgrade comes less than 2 months after version 1.1 was released and offers several new features like Bible Speed Search, Parallel Resource Associations, printing, the ability to choose an English font, and more.
"Response to this release has been amazing," said Dan Pritchett, Vice President of Business Development. "The Mac community has eagerly welcomed Logos to the world of Mac. We are listening to the users and releasing updates with features that people want."
Included in this release:
* Bible Speed Search. Available from the Search menu, this tool makes it easy to search a single Bible and quickly see the results of that search.
* Default Resource Font selection. Set your preferred font in About Libronix DLS | Preferences | Appearance.
* Printing. You can now print from a resource or report from File menu or pressing Command-P. There is also an option in the print dialog to save to a PDF file.
* System-defined Parallel Resource Associations. This tool allows you to arrow through similar resources, such as Bibles or Commentaries, using right and left arrows on the keyboard or Next and Previous buttons on resource toolbar.
* Zoom keyboard shortcuts. Change the Zoom In and Zoom Out level (also available from the View menu).
* Bible Word Study links work in Exegetical Guide.
* Exegetical Guide | Word by Word: Jumps to corresponding word when a word in passage is clicked.
* Include footnotes when copying preference can be disabled.
* Link Sets: a newly opened resource added to a link set jumps to same location as other linked resources.
* Preferred Bible opens with Exegetical Guide.
* Resource Installer: Installing newer resources no longer prompts to replace older versions.
* Set Links button: clicking the button a second time now brings up the link set options.
The Logos Bible Software for Mac 1.2 is a free update available to all current Logos Bible Software for Mac users. Information on how to upgrade can be found on the Logos for Mac website.
Minimum System Requirements:
* 800MHz PowerPC processor (Intel processor recommended)
* 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
* OS X 10.4.11 or higher (10.5.7 recommended)
* DVD drive
* 21 MB hard drive space (up to 4 GB recommended for book files)
* 1024 x 768 display
* Safari 4 required
Logos Bible Software, a privately held corporation located in Bellingham, Wash., is the leading publisher of high-end, award-winning, multilingual Bible software for both the Macintosh and Windows platform. The company serves church, academic and lay markets, striving to bring the best in software innovation to Christians worldwide.