August 7, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Salt Lake City, Utah - Open Reel Software today released Aether 1.1, a major update to their popular ham radio logging software for Mac OS X. Aether is a Mac OS X application that helps amateur radio operators quickly and easily log contacts while on the air, as well as organize, search, and track contacts later. Aether features an attractive, easy-to-use interface, with many powerful logging and operating features.
Major New Features in Aether 1.1:
* Addition of "Print Address/QSL Labels" feature, including support for many different Avery label sheet types.
* Support for optional use of a QRZ.com paid subscription for callbook data. This provides increased speed, reliability and data quality for callbook lookups.
* Automatic calculation of beam heading and distance to contacted stations.
* Support for export of CSV files for import into spreadsheet software.
* Many smaller new features and user interface improvements.
* Instant search of logbooks
* Automatic callbook lookup
* cocoaModem 2.0 integration
* Spotlight, Mail, Address Book and AppleScript support
* RS-232 based rig control
* Full ADIF and Cabrillo import/export support
* Google Maps and QRZ.com integration
* Auto dupe checking
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* Serial rig control requires a USB-to-serial adapter
Aether 1.1 is a free update for existing customers. New licenses are $39 (USD). A fully-functional demo version of Aether is available free.
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, Open Reel Software was founded in 2008 by Andrew R. Madsen. Open Reel Software is dedicated to making Mac applications that provide a great user experience. We think software should not only be useful, but also a pleasure to use. With our first application, Aether, we have given Ham Radio Operators a logging application with a clean, intuitive interface and features to make logging their contacts convenient and easy without sacrificing power. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2009 Open Reel Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, and the Mac logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and other countries.