August 7, 2014 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Redwood City, California - The time-honored end-of-summer tradition of Moms and kids of all ages hitting stores to stock up on Back-to-School essentials takes a high-tech turn this year. Consumers are increasingly relying on their smartphone devices to find the best bargains! Shopular, a top free mobile app for iPhone and Android that makes retail deal-hunting fun and easy, asked the experts - nearly 300 tech-savvy, deal-loving shoppers themselves - about Back-to-School Shopping and bargain-hunting.
Following is what consumer participants had to say about the 2014 season trends:
* Dressing for success at school is tops with parents: American parents have made it clear: Finding a deal on Back-to-School clothes is their #1 priority. Bargains on school supplies are a distant second, followed by shoes and electronic devices.
* Parents and kids are shopping earlier: August is clearly the new September and the preferred month for savvy deal-hounds to shop. According to Shopular, less than 4% of shoppers wait until September to load up on school essentials.
* Back-to-School just isn't cheap: Forget about school requests for donations and PTA fundraisers - just getting your child equipped for the first day of school requires some serious change. Nearly half of parents say they spend $100 or more per child on Back-to-School purchases.
* Consumers still flock to the mass superstores for Back-to-School items: The powerhouse retail superstores still pack the best punch as Back-to-School "go to" sources. Target, Walmart, Kohl's, Staples, JC Penney and Macy's topped consumers' favored Back-to-School retailer lists.
* Mobile will play a prominent role in Back-to-School Shopping: More than three-quarters of respondents (76%) in a separate Shopular survey plan to look for retail deals via mobile this year when shopping for Back-To-School items.
With more than 3 million users, the Shopular app has consistently secured a nearly perfect 4.8-5.0 star rating. Recognized in 2013 by Time.com as one of the "50 Best iPhone Apps," Shopular is simple to navigate and has a delightfully easy-to-use interface. It geo-alerts "on-the-go" shoppers to favored retail outlet deals and promotions available from more than 40,000 store locations across the U.S., in the moments when retail bargain information matters most.
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 10.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Shopular 2.12 is Free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. Please visit Shopular online to learn more, or download the app at iTunes or Google Play.
Based in Redwood City, CA, Shopular was founded in 2012 to delight shoppers across America and connect them with the retail brands they love the most. Designed to make deal-hunting more fun than ever, the Shopular app is free to download and easy to navigate. Referred to as a mobile "Shopper's BFF," Shopular alerts consumers - while they're on their actual shopping excursion - to savings at retail outlets only they have selected. Backed by some of the most prominent names in Silicon Valley including Sequoia Capital and Y Combinator, this category-changing technology innovation has already redefined mobile couponing and enriched the shopping experience for millions. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Shopular Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.