October 3, 2014 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado - St. Clair Software is pleased to make Default Folder X 4.6.9 available today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs delivers compatibility with Apple's upcoming Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite. It also includes the ability to decompress zip archives directly from Open and Save dialogs and corrects several bugs reported in the previous release.
Default Folder X was honored with Macworld Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility because it makes Open and Save dialogs "work the way they should." Its custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What's New in Default Folder X 4.6.9:
* Default Folder X's menubar icon now works correctly in Yosemite's dark mode
* Fixed a problem that disabled the path menu above the list of files in Yosemite file dialogs
* Resolved an issue with Yosemite that caused Default Folder X's hierarchical menus to be empty when showing folders in /Volumes
* Fixed a problem that could result in Default Folder X's bezel appearing when it shouldn't when you simultaneously rename and move a file using the rename box in a document window's title bar
* Changed Default Folder X's behavior to let Photoshop set a starting folder inside your Library folder
* Fixed cmd-D, cmd-shift-C, cmd-option-S and cmd-option-I so they work on Dvorak keyboards
* Command keys for switching between folder sets were not working - This has been fixed
* Added an Unzip command
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.6 through Yosemite
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.6.9 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It costs $34.95 (USD) for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2014 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.