October 7, 2014 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Raleigh, North Carolina - Photo startup AtomKnows updated its award-winning iPad photo book app, tapsBook, featuring innovative workflow to help busy individuals create digital and print-ready photo books in just seconds without using a computer. The new update enhances the mobile first user experience by intelligently generating multiple page design options, which users can quickly flip through and preview via simple swipe gestures. In this latest release, tapsBook further strengthens its unique capability for flexible output options (digital and printed) by optimizing the shared story web viewing experience on any device: smartphone, tablet, or PC.
Those who are attending the 2014 Mobile Photo Connect Conference at Fort Mason in San Francisco on October 15 can see a live demo of the app at the Show and Tell #3 session. The current updated version features:
Book creation improvements:
* New book creation wizard on home screen so you can jump right in
Page editing improvements:
* One-tap "style the page" feature, which changes the page layout and background automatically based on page content
* Clear all pages in book - place your own photos quickly if you prefer
* 25 new page backgrounds and 50-plus more new layouts, including double-page spreads
* Apply one background to all pages
* New page sorter - rearrange pages with ease, simply hold and drag
Photo editing improvements:
* More intuitive photo-editing user experience - crop is now the default action when editing
* Auto-correction when cropping photos outside border
* Photo border styling (24 colors and adjustable width)
Flexible book output options:
* Convenient in-app printing to local Walgreens with same day pickup
* Best-in-class shared photo book viewing experience - full-screen mode on PC or vertical scrolling mode on smartphone
"tapsBook is about continuously lowering the bar for photo book creation so more and more people can experience the value of photo books," says Xiaohu Yao, tapsBook CEO. "Whether digital or printed, photo books not only make unique personal gifts for special occasions, they are also wonderful keepsakes of everyday moments."
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 32 MB
Pricing and availability:
tapsBook 2.2.2 is available for free download through the iTunes App Store in the Photo and Video category worldwide. tapsBook offers two tiers of pricing: 1) free tier up to 500 shared photos 2) all-inclusive subscription starting from $2.99/month that includes 4GB cloud storage.
Based in Raleigh, N.C., AtomKnows LLC was founded in 2012 with a mission to create mobile apps that address pain points of people's lives and make a positive impact on their lives. Its first app, tapsBook, is a powerful cloud-based photo book creation and sharing mobile platform that has already won numerous prestigious awards such as Walgreen's Fall 2013 QuickPrints Developer Contest and the 2014 CES Mobile Apps Showdown Appreneur Award. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2012-2014 AtomKnows LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.