August 21, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Maidenhead, UK - Byte Squared today announced the release of its spreadsheet application for the Android platform. The product, simply named "Spreadsheet", provides over 100 functions with an extensive feature set and support for the XLS format. It includes the following features:
* XLS compatibility with support for multiple worksheets.
* Multiple cell types, including Numeric, Date, Time, Date/Time, Currency, Percentage and Text
* Cell formatting options, including bold, italic, text and background color, borders, cell sizes and alignments
* Merged cells, text wrapping and freeze panes
* Sorting and searching of cells
* Copy, cut, and paste operations
* Zoom and pan capability
* A range of functions, including date/time, math, statistical, string and trigonometric functions
* Import and export of spreadsheets to and from the desktop computer over a USB connection
* The ability to email spreadsheets and also open spreadsheet attachments in the GMail app
Byte Squared CEO Simon Bates said "We strongly believe that our Spreadsheet app is the most comprehensive solution available for the Android platform and we will strive to ensure that it continues to offer its users the best functionality at an affordable price."
Pricing and Availability:
Spreadsheet is available now. It costs £4.99 and can be purchased from the Android Market.
Byte Squared provides a range of software for mobile devices. It was established in 2009 and is a privately held company headquartered in Maidenhead in the UK.