New SingTrue iPhone app teaches even the 'tone deaf' to sing in tune

in Music (F)

[] London, United Kingdom - A new iPhone app called SingTrue(TM) was released and promises to teach anybody to sing in tune accurately and reliably - even if they think they are "tone deaf". The app has been developed by London-based music education technology company Easy Ear Training, following their successful Tone Deaf Test project which showed that just 2% of people are truly tone deaf. With the new SingTrue app the company hopes to reach the other 98%, show them that they are musical after all, and help them discover their voice to become a confident singer.

Over 40,000 people have taken the Tone Deaf Test on the web or with the free iOS app. Unlike previous tone deafness tests which actually tested more sophisticated musical skills, this tests focuses solely on the question: are your ears working correctly when it comes to pitch? If somebody passes the test they can be confident that they have what it takes to take up an instrument or learn to sing in tune.

Now, to provide the next step for test graduates, Easy Ear Training has developed the SingTrue app which begins from this basic beginner stage and leads the user through developing increasingly sophisticated musical abilities. SingTrue features over 30 interactive exercises, designed to develop the user's ears, mind and voice for music. Using the iPhone microphone it listens to you sing, analyses your pitch, and gives personalised feedback to help you improve. With each exercise you earn points, building up a profile of your abilities and allowing you to see clearly the progress you have made and where there is still room for improvement.

The app underwent a full month of testing with users to ensure it was fun and easy to use, and truly effective for learning. One of these users reported "I'm really impressed with this app. A step outside the box, a different way of thinking. It's a portable singing teacher. Awesome!" and another described it saying "It's as addictive as any game, I wanted to keep going through all the levels!"

Easy Ear Training founder Christopher Sutton said, "The recent growth in community choirs around the UK and the popularity of TV programmes like the X-Factor and The Voice show that there is huge public interest in singing. However many people feel excluded from singing themselves, often due to negative comments or bad childhood experiences. With SingTrue we're excited to prove that anybody who wants to can in fact become a capable, confident, natural singer."

SingTrue will be released in the iTunes App Store on Tuesday, 21st October 2014. To help as many people as possible to become singers, the app will be made available for free with the advanced exercises offered as in-app purchases. Easy Ear Training is also offering the complete app for free to all music educators (details available at the Easy Ear Training website).

Device Requirements:
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
* Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with
* 33.1 MB

Pricing and Availability:
SingTrue - Discover your musical voice and learn to sing in tune to become a pitch perfect singer 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category. For more information, including a full press pack and preview video, please visit the website.

Easy Ear Training is a company whose mission is to take the hard work out of learning the essential listening skills of music. Having recognised the potential for modern technology to make it easier for musicians to learn these skills, Cambridge University graduate Christopher Sutton founded the company in 2009, releasing a line of iOS apps and founding the EasyEarTraining website. The first app, RelativePitch, was selected by Apple for promotion on the front page of the App Store. The website has since published hundreds of articles and tutorials on ear training, and been described as "the best all-round source of ear training information on the web". Copyright (C) 2014 Easy Ear Training. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.


Print this page | PDF | TXT | Read other releases by this member.
Music | Ear Training | Music Education | Musicians | Free | Tune | Tone | Classic | Chords | iOS