October 30, 2014 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Leeds, United Kingdom - The best rugby football experience on mobile is back this November, just in time for 2015, with Rugby Nations 15 (RN15) on iOS and Android. With so many improvements over the previous game, there's something for both hardcore fans of the sport and casual gamers. Along with a boost to graphics and audio, the game features freshly tweaked AI and new challenges to keep even the most hardcore players on their toes. Your players now move and react more like the real thing with better defensive AI and upgraded Box Kick and Cross Field Kick AI.
The brand new Career Mode takes your rookie player through the ranks of the sport, starting in the bottom tier leagues right through to becoming an international superstar player, tackling your way to a world tournament, all the while boosting your player skills and stats. Added realistic weather effects, including snow and rain, change how the match plays, giving your team the full anger of Mother Nature to overcome.
Stadium enhancements and the new match audio drop you right in the middle of the screaming fans, so you can feel every kick, tackle or cheer. Test out the experience in the new Autumn Internationals challenge, just in time for the real event. With the enhanced replays, you never need to miss a moment of your player's rugby career. Not just an extra year on the logo, RN15 is as close as you'll get on mobile to actually playing in a real rugby match.
And here's a small list of some of the changes:
* New defensive AI, teams now switch dynamically between defensive styles such as Blitz and Drift
* Improved general AI and positioning for a faster and more realistic rugby experience
* Improved Box Kick and new Cross Field Kick AI
* Updated team statistics based on real world performance
* New Career Mode
* New Club teams available to play in Exhibition Matches and Career Mode
* New challenges, including Autumn Internationals
* Graphical improvements to stadiums, pitches and players
* New match audio
* Enhanced replays, now including replays for conversions
* New weather effects, such as snow and rain
* Brand new menu system for enhanced usability
* Rebalanced difficulty levels for a more fun and challenging experience
"Rugby Nations 15 is easily our most ambitious rugby game to date, and we're so glad fans will be able to play it just in time for a new Rugby World Cup year," says Nigel Little, Managing Director of Distinctive. "With the new Career Mode, we've taken the player immersion to the next level, almost like the real thing!"
Rugby Nations 15 is to be released mid-November on Android and iOS.
Distinctive Games is an independent studio founded in 1994 as a console developer working on Playstation One and Nintendo 64. Since 2001 our attention has solely been on mobile platforms working with the biggest publishers and brands in the industry from the FIFA franchise to Tomb Raider. Celebrating 20 years as a company, Distinctive Games are featured in the November issue of Develop. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Distinctive Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.