November 12, 2014 in Education (F)
[prMac.com] Yoshkar-Ola, Russian Federation - Virtualnye Prostranstva LLC has announced 3D Molecules View&Edit Lite, a free version of their popular chemistry application for iPad and iPhone, 3D Molecules Edit & Test. Students love it, teachers use it, professionals find it very useful. 3D Molecules View&Edit Lite makes learning both fun, engaging and eventually much more effective. The app is designed to enable students to display and build molecules in 3D. 3D Molecules View&Edit Lite is a free 3D molecule builder and viewer for students, educators, and researchers.
3D Molecules View&Edit Lite allows users to open and view molecules in SDF format files, for example, from NCBI's PubChem, a public database of compounds or from RCSB Protein Data Bank.
* Building molecule model
* Support of single, double and triple bonds
* Visualization of Wireframe style, Stick style, Ball and Stick, Spacefill (CPK) models
* T-shaped and seesaw molecular geometries
* Bond-angle optimization
* Loading molecule in SDF file format
* Loading molecule in PDB file format
* Availability of information about chemical element symbols in the molecule
* Opening the molecule file directly from email attachments
* "Test yourself" mode to build some inorganic chemical compounds
The app includes a tutorial on how to create and delete models.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 26.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
3D Molecules View&Edit Lite 1.2 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. The free version is a limited version of 3D Molecules Edit & Test.
Virtualnye Prostranstva LLC has had over 10 years experience in educational applications development. Copyright (C) 2013 Virtualnye Prostranstva LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.