November 17, 2014 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Dobrich, Bulgaria - Presenta Ltd. is pleased to announce the new release of iGetter version 2.9.3 for OS X. iGetter is a powerful, full featured download manager and accelerator. iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
New in version 2.9.3:
* Optimized for Safari 8 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite
* Implemented new installation method of iGetter Extension for Safari 8 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite, as well as Safari 7.1 on OS X 10.9 and Safari 6.2 on OS X 10.8
* Improved installation of iGetter Plugin for Safari 6.1, 7.0 and 8.0
* Reworked iGetter Extension for Firefox using js-ctypes to load native code for communication with iGetter
* Reworked iGetter Extension for Chrome/Chromium using Native Messaging Host for communication with iGetter
* Added support for Notification Center in OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.9 and OS X 10.8
* Added support for App Nap in OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.9
* Digitally signed with version 2 signature for conformance with Gatekeeper on OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.9.5
* More intuitive Site Explorer, which conveniently shows the site's file hierarchy expanded to the same file, selected before leaving the view. Additionally, when adding new files for download, Site Explorer will stay at the site's view
* Improved Enter Site URL dialog to load user and password data from the Site Manager, when such info is available for the URL
* Added support for UTF-8 encoded Content-Disposition HTTP header fields, as proposed by RFC 5987
* Added GB measurement for larger files and MB/s for higher download speeds
* Added keyboard shortcuts for "Start Automatic Downloading" Shift Command R and "Pause All" Shift Command P
* Fixed an issue with the Groups panel icons, which could cause a crash when exiting iGetter on OS X 10.10
* Fixed an incompatibility between iGetter Plugin and Safari 7.0 (and some 6.0.x versions), which could lead to slowdowns and memory leaks of the Web Plugin process, in some rare cases
* Fixed a potential issue with the Chrome External Extensions, which could prevent Chrome/Chromium recognizing iGetter Extension
* Fixed an issue with the Item Settings dialog which won't change the file download name in some rare cases
* Fixed an issue with the New URL dialog which won't filter some not allowed characters in the file name
* Fixed the Enter Site URL dialog not hiding FTP Connection popup menu on a non ftp URLs
* Fixed a potential issue in the Enter Site URL dialog, which could cause a crash in very rare cases
The International version of iGetter includes: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Russian, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Polish and Portuguese (Brazil) localizations.
* Requires Mac OS X 10.2.x - 10.10.x
* Intel- or PowerPC-based Mac
Pricing and Availability:
iGetter is shareware. iGetter can be evaluated for as long as it's needed to decide if it suits the user's needs. A licensed copy is available for $25.00 (USD). All registered users will get free support by email and free upgrades in the major 2.x versions.
Presenta Ltd. was founded in March 1993 in Bulgaria (Europe). We are a computer company, which deals with software development. Since 1993 the company has been a basic software developer of networking, multimedia and accounting systems for Apple Macintosh computers. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Presenta Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.