November 21, 2014 in Illustration (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - 128bit Technologies introduces version 1.5 of Candy Apple for Mac OS X, a tasty vector based graphic design and illustration app available on the Mac App Store and the MacAppware website. Also, for a limited time this new version is offered at a special Black Friday price of only $14.99 to new customers, a savings of 50%. Current Candy Apple users can simply update for free through the Updates section of the App Store application on their Mac, or through the Check for Updates option in the Candy Apple menu.
"Candy Apple is steadily growing in popularity as one of the best new vector based graphic design apps that, according to one of our more enthusiastic App Store reviewers, draws rings around iDraw and is much easier to use," states Jason Hogrefe, President of 128bit Technologies. "We value the comments and suggestions of our Candy Apple customers, and work hard to continually provide regular bug fixes and feature enhancements to make this a best-in-class application."
The new features add two new Grid options to the View menu: Imperial and Metric. This allows the user to easily switch grid views either using millimeters, centimeters, meters, etc. (Metric), or inches (Imperial). The new enhancement streamlines functionality, allowing you to get to work faster: drawing on the canvas will now automatically select Fill or Stroke in the Edit Inspector to quickly make adjustments. Version 1.5 also fixes a bug in the Drawing Size & Grid window that would revert new width and height values if you tabbed between fields.
Even more important to many Candy Apple customers is the addition of a new tutorial section on the MacAppware website to quickly show users how to navigate through the application. Currently there are three videos, with more to come:
* Adding Text on a Path
* Using the Draw Tools and Adjusting the Fill and Stroke
* Converting Text to a Shape and Adding Strokes, Zigzags, and Patterns
Perfect for novice or pros alike, Candy Apple lets anyone create drawings, logos, banners, buttons, icons and more. You can also edit and enhance photos, or convert images to draw-able vector paths. Take a bite and treat yourself to a full featured vector drawing application packed with professional tools and dynamic effects that will make every design a polished work of art. Candy Apple features include:
* Full vector support (including SVG import)
* Enhance pictures and add effects
* Draw illustrations and graphics
* Draw Rectangle, Oval, Round Rectangle, Round End Rectangle, Line, Polygon, Path, Freehand, Ring, Speech Balloon, and Arc
* Use what you create royalty free
* Convert text to a shape or path
* Adjust freehand drawing to create smooth looking paths
* Vectorize images to turn any photo into an editable graphic
* Add strokes (regular, arrowed, rough, zig-zag)
* Add fills (solid, gradient, pattern, zig-zag, hatch)
* Add text on a path
* Add an image to text
* Blend and mask effects
* Over 130 filters and effects
* Full layer support
* Boolean operation support to combine shapes
* Easily align multiple items on your canvas
* Rulers and guides make it easy to place items in the right location
* Snap to grid, snap to guides, or snap to other objects
* Zoom in or out to get every detail pixel perfect
* Export in fully editable vector PDF
* Export as an image (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, GIF)
* Supports transparent backgrounds
* Extensive help file explains Candy Apple's tools in detail
* And more
Pricing and Availability:
Candy Apple is supported on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel, 64-bit) and higher, including Yosemite and is available on both the Mac App Store and the MacAppware website, for a limited time discount of $14.99 (USD), a savings of 50% off the full price of $29.99.
MacAppware is a division of 128bit Technologies and a dedicated Mac software developer currently offering design, image editing and disk utility applications; unique commercial use font collections; and a carefully curated rotation of bundles and deals. Copyright (C) 2014 128bit Technologies. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.