August 27, 2009 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Vancouver, Washington - In anticipation of the release of Snow Leopard, unmarked software released TextSoap 6.3, an update to its text cleaning processing utility for Mac OS X. Under the hood updates to various components of TextSoap take advantage of Snow Leopard's new Services menu as well as the new 64-bit Automator.
Additional improvements were mades to improve compatibility with Snow Leopard while continuing to run on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Version 6.3, also adds a new scripting command, allowing users to remove formatting from rich text on the clipboard via AppleScript.
What's New in TextSoap 6.3:
* Automator Actions support for Snow Leopard
* OS X Services support for Snow Leopard
* Other Snow Leopard compatibility improvements
* New Scripting command to convert clipboard to plain text
* Additional fixes and improvements
TextSoap 6 features:
* Clean up messy emails, websites and other text
* Maintains style information as text is cleaned up
* Change style based on content
* Change content based on style
* More than 100 built-in cleaners, ready to use
* Automator-like interface lets you create custom cleaning solutions
* Full regular expression find and replace available
* Share cleaners between users
* Quick and easy word count feature
* Organize cleaners into custom groups for easier access
* Application specific plugins for BBEdit, TextWrangler, Mailsmith, Coda, and Eudora
* System-wide integration with OS X Services, AppleScript
* Contextual Menu Module for 32-bit applications
* Process text data using Automator action
* Batch process text files with Automator action
TextSoap 6 Benefits:
* Simplify reuse of poorly formatted text from other people
* Create consistent text formatting between multiple sources
* Reduce manual editing of common errors
* Fix mangled paragraphs to improve readability
* Cleaner HTML with CSS support from styled text improves maintainability
To celebrate the new release, unmarked software is offering a limited-time discount on TextSoap. Regularly $39.95 (USD), TextSoap is available at the special price of $27.95 until September 9, 2009. The discount is available directly through the unmarked software site. A 30-day demo of TextSoap can be downloaded from the unmarked software website. TextSoap 6.3 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later and is compatible with Snow Leopard. TextSoap 6.3 is a free update for all registered users of TextSoap 6.
Based in Vancouver, Washington, unmarked software is a privately-held company founded in 1998 by President and CEO, Mark Munz. As a commercial software developer since 1988, Mark's experience lead him to evangelize the Mac platform with the release of the company's flagship product, TextSoap. TextSoap has received numerous accolades from press and users around the world. Copyright 1998 - 2009 unmarked Software. All Rights Reserved. TextSoap is a registered trademark of unmarked software. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.