December 16, 2014 in Publishing (E)
[prMac.com] Hampshire, United Kingdom - WordTarget is a Mac OS X menu bar app that tracks word count, and lets writers see the application breakdown of their words, so that they can see where they are writing the most. They receive a notification when they hit their target, and can start and stop tracking at any point. Being able to see their word count history (and whether they hit the target or not) reinforces the idea of trying to build a streak, and can eventually encourage the user to change their target over time to push themselves to be more productive each day.
* Track word count across applications
* See the per-application breakdown of the words each day
* List of word count history, to encourage the user to get their goal for today when on a streak (or to start a new streak!)
* Set a daily target and either count down from it or count up to it with an indicator in the menu bar
* Notification when you hit your target so you know when you've reached your goal even when you're in the flow of writing
* Change your target to suit your goals
* Easy to use menu bar user interface so it's not in the way
Pricing and Availability:
WordTarget 1.2 is available on the Mac App Store now for just $6.99 / GBP 4.99 until Friday 19th December, after which it'll be $8.99 / GBP 5.99. WordTarget is designed for Mac OS X. WordTarget requires Mac OS X 10.8 or newer. A limited number of Promotional Codes are available to members of the media. Journalists interested in receiving one should get in contact. Screenshots, icons and other related media are available for download from KickCode online.
KickCode was founded in 2010 by Elliott Draper, a web, mobile and desktop developer with 10+ years of professional experience working with a variety of languages and platforms. After predominantly working on client work, KickCode is now branching out to also build and launch web, mobile and desktop applications of their own, and Elliott is working on a technical book to be self-published by KickCode, about building Mac OS X apps with RubyMotion. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2010-2014 KickCode Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.