December 22, 2014 in Sports (E)
[prMac.com] Scarborough, United Kingdom - eiiEntertains today releases a new sports and fitness application for Stand Up Paddleboarding. SUP Trails 1.0 tracks your route and key statistics, gives audio feedback 'as you paddle', publishes active calories used with the iOS health app, includes cloud sourced weather reports, keeps a history of your workouts and allows you to share your route to Twitter, Facebook and to other SUPTrails users via its private cloud database.
"During the summer, we were frustrated by the lack of any 'purpose built' stand up paddle boarding health and fitness apps available in the iOS App Store. If we ran or cycled there were loads we could use, but for stand up paddle boarding there was nothing," explained Tim Teece, designer and lead developer. So we went ahead and built one that did everything we needed. We liked it so much we are releasing it so that any paddle boarder or paddle surfer out there can finally see how their technique and fitness is improving."
eiiEntertains took the basic concept from 'I want to know where, how fast and how long I paddle' to something significantly bigger, and the app evolved to include features such as:
* Key statistics recording including speed, distance and altitude
* On map route display including speed changes - detailed enough to show you when you catch a wave
* On screen compass and heading display
* Personal SUP Trail history
* Share and view routes with users around the globe
* Cloud sourced weather conditions wind, waves and weather.
* Information resources : Introduction to paddle boarding, Boards, Fins, Terminology, Technique Tips, Surfing Rules
* Measure in Kilometres, Miles, Nautical Miles
* Audio as you paddle feedback (works with music playback if required)
* Share routes to Facebook and/or Twitter
* Integrated with Health app, we use your latest body weight values combined with your route details to post estimated calorie usage per trail
"The best part of writing this app has been having the opportunity of testing it from the cold waters off the North Yorkshire coast, to the warm seas off the Islands of Florida," explained Tim Teece, designer and lead developer. "We have stacks more features that we want to add in the next few releases, for example we are currently working on an integration with the Apple Watch, and we are working out how to use of some of the more advanced movement sensors in the latest iPhones to allow you to analyse and improve your technique in greater detail, so there is much more to come."
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* Optimized for iPhone 5, 6/6 Plus
* 5.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SUP Trails 1.0 priced at $1.99 (tier 2). It available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports and Health and Fitness categories.
eiiEntertains is the mobile apps development arm of eiiConsulting Ltd which was set up in 2004 by Tim Teece to offer independent advice and software development skills. EiiEntertains aims to be a premier provider of mobile applications for the iPhone, iPad and IPod touch devices. Copyright (C) 2014 eiiEntertains. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.