September 2, 2009 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Truro, United Kingdom - Literature & Latte Ltd has released Scrivener 1.52, the latest update to its award-winning Mac software dedicated to the structuring and composition of long texts such as novels, screenplays, theses and research documents. This update fixes several minor bugs and makes Scrivener ready for the release of Snow Leopard on Friday.
It also introduces the ability to download documents directly from writeroom.ws, Hog Bay Software's synchronisation service for WriteRoom for the iPhone. This means that you can now jot down notes in WriteRoom on the iPhone and bring them straight into your Scrivener project.
Launched in 2007, Scrivener is an application that stays with you from that first, unformed idea all the way through to the first or even final draft. It won't try to tell you how to write - it just makes all the tools you have scattered around your desk available in one application. It has been enthusiastically adopted by bestselling novelists, screenwriters and novices alike.
Key features include:
* Edit Multiple Documents: Create limitless documents in the same project and edit them separately or merge them dynamically and edit them as a whole.
* Corkboard: Virtual index cards store a synopsis for every document you create. Storyboard and rearrange your project by moving them around on the corkboard.
* Outlining: A fully-featured outliner helps you take control of your work's structure.
* Keywords: A powerful keywords system keeps track of characters, themes or ideas.
* Full Screen Editing: View your text in full screen for distraction-free composition.
* Export: Export your finished draft to your favourite word processor for final formatting, including support for footnotes, annotations and images.
Pricing and Availability:
Scrivener requires Mac OS X 10.4 or above and can be purchased from the online store for only $39.95 (USD). A free 30-non-consecutive-day trial is available.
Literature & Latte was founded in 2006 with the sole purpose of creating software that aids in the creative process of writing long texts.