January 20, 2015 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Taos, New Mexico - Tasa Graphic Arts, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Earth's Rocks and the Rock Cycle, a new educational Earth Science app for iPad. Explore the three types of rock found on Earth and understand the geologic processes that create and transform them. View high resolution photos of rocks and explore the environments in which they are found. Use what you have learned about composition, texture, and color to identify rocks. Animations show the geologic processes in action: volcanic eruptions, flowing lava, weathering of rocks, streams transporting sediment, glaciers moving, caverns being formed by water, rocks being deformed by intense heat and pressure deep underground.
Learn how the rock cycle illustrates the geologic processes as they change one type of rock into another. Investigate how the hydrologic cycle interacts with the rock cycle. In the Rock Builder activity, use what you learned about the rock cycle to build new rocks from existing ones.
Features of this app include:
* Hundreds of photos and animations by Dennis Tasa, with additional photos by Michael Collier and Ed Tarbuck;
* High resolution photos of rocks and their environments that can be enlarged;
* An intuitive navigation style: swipe, drop-down menu, thumbnail gallery;
* A drop-down menu with audio controls, access to a glossary and the table of contents;
* Narration that can be turned off/on;
* Interactive quizzes that are scored and optional essay questions that are not;
* Quiz results that can be copied, printed, or shared.
Table of Contents:
The Rocks -
* Igneous Rocks
* Sedimentary Rocks
* Metamorphic Rocks
The Processes -
* Cooling and Crystallization
The Rock Cycle -
Grade levels: 7-13
* Compatible with iPad.
* Requires iOS 7.1 or later
* 694 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Earth's Rocks and the Rock Cycle is $7.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
In addition to producing iOS apps and multi-touch books, Tasa Graphic Arts, Inc. produces award-winning interactive, educational CD-ROMs covering planetary geology, plate tectonics, topographic maps, rocks and minerals, weather and climate, the processes that shape Earth's surface, and more. Copyright (C) 2015 Tasa Graphic Arts, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.