January 27, 2015 in Publishing (E)
[prMac.com] San Jose, California - Insider Software today announced the immediate availability of FontAgent Pro Server 6 for Macintosh. The new release of the industry-leading font server introduces:
* Unique, highly detailed font usage and license compliance reports
* An all-new browser-based dashboard and admin tools
* Architecture, performance and directory services enhancements
* Support for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
* Customizable web previews of server-based fonts
The added features bring a new level of performance, accessibility and simplicity for font users and admins.
New Web-Based Server Manager:
FontAgent Pro Server 6 introduces an all-new dashboard that enables admins to:
* Create and manage users and groups
* Distribute font libraries to users and groups with two clicks
* Receive alerts when fonts are distributed beyond their license limits
* Instantly access the Inside Scoop blog
New Font Usage and Compliance Reports:
FontAgent Pro Server 6 provides unrivaled reports that detail how fonts are distributed and used to help admins maintain font license compliance and control font license costs. The new browser-based reports include:
* Number of activations by font and by user
* Number of licenses for each font and how many are used
* Which users and machines have downloaded copies of which fonts
* Which fonts were active for each user at the last server sync
* Lists of authorized users and groups
All the new reports can be printed or saved as pdf or csv files for further distribution or processing.
WEBSIWYG Server Font Viewer:
FontAgent Pro Server is the only font server that provides browser-based previews of server fonts. With the new release, users can enter custom preview strings - so they can be sure they want to download the font before they consume a license.
Architecture and Performance Advances:
The new FontAgent Pro Server increases its performance lead with architectural advances that include:
* An updated industrial-strength, J2EE server architecture for rock-solid stability and scalability
* An industry-leading, multi-threaded, client sync manager that's now even faster, more network-efficient and more reliable
Improved Directory Support:
V6 of FontAgent Pro Server extends its leadership in directory services support by adding:
* Improved synchronization with Active/Open/LDAP directories
* Faster, more efficient loading of directory records
* Improved handling of nested directory groups
Ready for Yosemite:
FontAgent Pro Server 6 runs on Macs with Yosemite, Mavericks and Mountain Lion versions of OS X (V10.8 or later) and is optimized to exploit recent OS X and hardware advances.
Proven in the World's Largest Organizations
FontAgent Pro Server delivers important benefits to everyone in corporate and creative workgroups, departments, agencies and enterprises.
* Users enjoy the industry's fastest, easiest solution for synchronizing, verifying and managing fonts
* Purchasing and legal groups track font purchases and usage to minimize licensing costs and provide legal protection
* Managers improve productivity and ensure consistency across creative teams
* IT groups get the world's most dependable, fastest, cost-effective and scalable font server
About FontAgent Pro Server:
FontAgent Pro Server is the world's most advanced solution for managing, distributing and synchronizing fonts across creative workgroups in agencies, small businesses and large enterprises. FontAgent Pro's unrivaled font integrity, scalability, performance, server replication, license management, directory services, font-usage manager, simple installation and easy administration make it an easy choice for solving creative workflow, font distribution and license compliance challenges.
About FontAgent Pro:
FontAgent Pro provides a complete font management system that integrates diagnostics, repair, font selection, font book creation, and design tools in a single powerful, yet simple application for creative professionals. It is the only product to offer such features as multiple font libraries, a customizable user interface, live font search, WYSIWYG font viewing, and a Font Player that plays glyphs and text strings in a slide show for interactive font selection.
FontAgent Pro Server runs on a networked Mac with 1 GB of memory and 130 MB of disk space running Mac OS X 10.8 or later (Yosemite, Mavericks or Mountain Lion). It does not require dedicated server hardware and permits administrators to fine-tune performance to compensate for varying speeds on enterprise networks. It serves PostScript Type 1, OpenType, dfont, and Mac and Windows TrueType font formats; and supports both Mac and Windows users of FontAgent Pro Connected Edition.
Pricing and Availability"
FontAgent Pro Server is priced at $1,695 (USD). Each user connecting to the server requires a licensed version of the FontAgent Pro connected client. Volume license pricing is available on request. For more information, users can visit Insider Software online. To purchase FontAgent Pro products or obtain additional information, call Insider Sales at 866-366-8778 or 408-871-9933.
Founded in 1994, Insider Software makes products that streamline the creative process. With the most extensive array of font management utilities on the market, Insider has the ideal solution for every font management scenario. FontAgent is a registered trademark, and FontAgent Pro, Insider, and the Insider logo are trademarks of Insider Software. Other products mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.