January 29, 2015 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Mons, Belgium - Creaceed today, releases Hydra 1.0 for iOS, an innovative photo capture app for iPhone and iPad. Hydra offers unique photo capture technology with support for HDR, sensor noise removal, and hi-res (32MP) shooting that lets users take beautiful pictures even in the most difficult lighting conditions. Hydra is the perfect companion for iOS built-in camera app.
Hydra captures more light by merging up to 60 frames to make a single high-quality picture (less sensor noise, more highlights/shadows) on iPhone and iPad. Hydra features a unique HDR mode merging up to 20 images together. Hydra also goes beyond the 8-megapixel sensor limit, with up to 32-megapixel high-resolution images. It also features a mode specifically made to handle low-light situations, drastically reducing noise. Hydra uses the latest evolutions of iPhone and iPad camera hardware, as well as the latest camera APIs and GPU rendering technologies of iOS 8.
Hydra provides 5 specific capture modes: HDR, Video-HDR, Lo-light, Zoom, and Hi-res modes.
* Hydra's High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode is based on an alternate method that captures up to 20 images and that is made to handle even the most difficult lighting conditions.
* Video-HDR uses single-image tonemapping and device-specific sensor mode (iPhone 6) to create stunning videos.
* Lo-light mode removes sensor noise by merging together multiple images and amplifying light by a factor of 10 to provide a better image quality.
* Zoom mode uses real-time, super-resolution technique to recreate missing pixels from hand motion, producing 2x and 4x scale factors with more details than the standard digital zooming technique (1).
* Hi-res mode produces up to 32MP images from the regular 8MP camera sensor, providing finer details in captured image (1).
(1) recommended for static & distant scenery. Rendering artifacts can occur for scenes with parallax and for moving subjects.
* An iPhone 4S or greater, iPad 3 or greater
* Requires iOS 8.1 or later
* 9.6 MB
Pricing and availability:
Hydra 1.0 for iOS 8 is 40% off at $2.99 for one week as introductory pricing (regular price: $4.99) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. Hydra is available in English, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian and Russian. Coming soon in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arab and Turkish.
Creaceed is a Belgian company based in Mons with a passionate team experienced in app development and image processing. Creaceed makes the following award-winning applications: Hydra, for HDR image creation from regular photos; Morph Age, for morphing and warping images and movies; Emulsio, for stabilizing shaky movies on iPhone and iPad; and Prizmo, for scanning documents with a digital camera or scanner. Prizmo was recently featured in the latest Apple keynote by Phil Schiller during iPad Air 2 introduction, to demonstrate iPad camera capabilities. Copyright 2008-2015 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, OS X, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.