February 4, 2015 in Gaming (E)
[prMac.com] Paris, France - Greetings once again, fleshy life forms! WildFactor is proud to announce its futuristic real time strategy game Freaking Meatbags has defeated Steam Early Access and is now a full-fledged game on Mac.
To celebrate the milestone, the team is pushing out a massive update that adds tons of new features, including a totally revamped DNA mixing system, a new boss, and new equipments for meatbags to use. The update is so groundbreaking it's called "Philae", named after the little robot currently sitting on a comet in outer space.
* Revamped DNA system with hundreds of alien/human combinations
* Seven new genes to get all splice-happy with
* Equip meatbags with jetpacks, hoverboards and Rocket Launchers
* Overclocking ability lets you see the world in slow-mo
* Brand new boss that jumps around a lot. Shhh, that's all we can say
* Hidden zombie planet. Go ahead, try to find it
* Over 50 gameplay, sound and interface improvements
* New platforms: Mac & Linux
* An extra bullet point item, for Free
"Prepare for jubilation and extermination, fleshsacks!"
Rock Paper Shotgun
"charming visuals and a cute hook make Freaking Meatbags an easy recommendation whenever it does hit virtual shelves."
"It was definitively worth the wait!"
Chris - Player
Wild Factor was founded in 2012 by programmer Alexandre Lautie. Alexander has worked on nine commercial games over the years from retro pixel to next gen console games, including his time at Ubisoft where he helped create the development tools for Just Dance and Just Dance 2014. The story he tells about Wild Factor's inception is he was eating alphabet soup and saw this message in his bowl: start a gma company. "Close enough," he said, and Wild Factor was born. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Wild Factor. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.