February 9, 2015 in News (F)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - Daily10 launched an innovative new app that taps into the explosion of new YouTube Channels, giving users the diversity and personalization of online videos with a relaxed, TV-like viewing experience, specifically designed for the iPad/iPhone. With the growth of thousands of professional YouTube Channels, the quality and diversity of content on YouTube is exceeding TV (cable and broadcast), yet TV continues to dominate the bulk of viewing consumption. Daily10 hopes to change that by giving users a huge selection of content, personalization, and a relaxed, TV-like viewing experience.
Daily10 is a smart TV guide and personal curator rolled into one. Daily10 helps users discover new video channels and stay connected with their favorites in a beautiful interface specifically designed for iPad/iPhone. Everything about Daily10 is designed to optimize a user's ability to discover the best videos for them. Special algorithms learn what a user wants, getting better with usage, and an innovative user interface specifically designed for tablets/smartphones optimizes screen space and minimizes user actions.
Daily10 features include:
* Personalized Channel Guide that prioritizes favorites and indicates videos already watched
* "The Daily10" recommends videos based on a user's favorites and viewing habits
* Easy playlist editor allows users to quickly skip multiple videos with a single tap
* Channel Guide sorting by recommendation or alphabetical
* Channel Guide filtering to only show channels with new videos today
* Optimized vs Aesthetic Channel Guide option to show many video options on a screen or show them more aesthetically
Being a video app, some may wonder how Daily10 compares to YouTube. Surprisingly, there are few comparisons:
* YouTube focuses on search; Daily10 focuses on discovery
* YouTube contains millions of channels; Daily10 focuses on a several thousand premium channels
* YouTube contains billions of videos; Daily10 focuses on only new videos
* YouTube has a lean-forward experience; Daily10 focuses on a TV-like lean-back experience
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, 6 Plus
* Requires iOS 7.1 or later
* 7.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Daily 10 Video - Discover a new way to watch YouTube 0.5 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the News category.
Daily 10 is dedicated to helping people discover great video content, and stay connected to their favorite video sources. Based in Los Angeles, California, Daily 10 is also helping new aspiring video creators define their audiences. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Daily 10. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.