February 25, 2015 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado - St. Clair Software is happy to release Default Folder X 4.6.14 today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs addresses compatibility issues, including fixing a bug that could cause crashes in ArchiCAD, Mathematica and Cubase 8. It also improves its Rebound and tagging features, updates support for QuickSilver, and offers the option to automatically resize file and folder icons as you resize file dialogs.
Default Folder X was honored with Macworld Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility because it makes Open and Save dialogs "work the way they should." Its custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What's New in Default Folder X 4.6.14:
* Corrected the Rebound feature so that it works consistently in sandboxed applications
* Fixed a problem with some applications overwriting or removing tags from files after Default Folder X sets them
* Worked around a problem that could cause crashes in ArchiCAD, Mathematica and audio applications like Cubase 8 that use VST plugins
* Fixed the selection of files so it works consistently when they're chosen from Default Folder X's menubar menu while a file dialog is open
* Correctly honor the "reduce transparency" option when running in Dark Mode on Yosemite
* Resolved a problem with Default Folder X occasionally failing to contact our server to verify your registration
* Fixed a bug that could cause Default Folder X to crash in certain uncommon circumstances
* Updated the "Send to Default Folder" script to work with the latest version of QuickSilver
* Added an option to resize the icons in Icon View when you resize a file dialog
St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.10 Yosemite
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.6.14 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It costs $34.95 (USD) for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2015 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.