March 11, 2015 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Spokane, Washington - PhatWare Corporation, a leading professional software and application developer, announces today the immediate availability of the new version of WritePad handwriting recognition Software Development Kit (SDK) for Apple iOS. The WritePad SDK 5.0 is now optimized for the iOS 8.2 providing native support for arm, armv-v7, and arm64 CPUs as well as iOS simulator.
New features in the WritePad SDK 5.0
* Improved handwriting recognition quality and support for Indonesian language
* Added new API to recognize individual characters, numbers, and punctuation symbols
* Improved sample code targets latest version of iOS
WritePad SDK Features:
* Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed
* Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations
* Supports 12 languages, including English (US, UK), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish
* Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings
* Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box"
* Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features
WritePad SDK includes handwriting recognition engine static libraries for all supported CPUs, dictionaries for all supported languages, API header files, documentation, and sample code in Objective-C allowing easy integration with new or existing iOS applications or devices. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. For more information about the WritePad SDK and to request an SDK evaluation and commercial pricing, please visit PhatWare's website.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2015 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare, PhatPad, PenOffice, and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.