March 11, 2015 in Project Tracking (E)
[prMac.com] Craiova, Romania - Fanurio Time Tracking today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Fanurio 3.1, a new version of its cross-platform desktop application. Fanurio is highly appreciated by freelancers who need to track time, manage projects, and invoice their clients, so that they can get paid for their work.
For many users, Fanurio must play nice with certain applications to support their workflow. This makes integration with other applications very important whether it's about getting data in or out of Fanurio. Version 3.1 adds support for the following applications:
* Apple Contacts: Integration with Apple Contacts has been improved
* iCalendar-compatible applications: Fanurio can import events from an iCalendar file and it can export the tasks and time entries of a project to an iCalendar file
* IGG Software's iBiz: The import tool that converted an iBiz database to a Fanurio database is now part of the application
Since IGG Software have announced that they are officially ceasing the development of iBiz, many users have been looking for a replacement. Paul Martin is one of the users who has decided to use Fanurio. Here's what he said about his experience with Fanurio.
"You helped me through setting up to use Fanurio last month (Nov 2014). I have just completed my first full invoice for a project undertaken in Nov. I have to say it has been the fastest, most pain-free experience I have ever had with a self accountancy package. From beginning to end it took me approximately 15 mins - at least a quarter of the time it used to take me using iBiz. So once again, many congratulations on a fantastic app and thank you once again."
Version 3.1 also makes it possible to disable features like billing, expenses, trips and products. When certain features are disabled, the user interface is updated to remove everything related to them so that users see only what they use.
"Fanurio is used by many self employed people, ranging from people who are just starting out to seasoned professionals. To cater to such a diverse group of users, Fanurio comes packed full of features. However, this can be overwhelming to some users so we decided to make certain features optional," says Fanurio product manager Nicolae Cismaru. "Now, users can start with just a few basic features and enable more as their business grows."
Users who need to manage a long list of projects can do it easier because projects can now be searched, sorted and filtered by various fields. Version 3.1 has:
* A new projects view that makes it easier to search, sort and filter projects
* New project fields that can be used to plan and organize projects
* Automatic project numbering
Other New Features in 3.1:
* A refreshed user interface that uses lighter colors
* Deposits to record money received in advance from clients
* New reports for projects, expenses and trips
* Ability to export reports using non-HTML templates like Microsoft Word and OpenDocument Text
* Ability to configure the SMTP server to secure the connection with Start TLS
* Contextual menus for all major tables and lists
* The database is loaded faster
* Many other features and improvements
People who work on more than one computer choose Fanurio over other solutions also because it runs on multiple platforms. Fanurio runs on Windows, OS X including Yosemite, Linux and other flavors of Unix at no extra cost.
Pricing and Availability:
Fanurio 3.1 is available from the Fanurio online store for $59 (USD). New users can download a free 15-day trial with all the functionality of the paid version.
Fanurio Time Tracking SRL is a privately held software company specializing in desktop business applications. Since 2006, they have developed Fanurio, a time tracking and billing software application to help freelancers manage their work and get paid for it. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Fanurio Time Tracking SRL. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.