August 16, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] 's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands - August 15, 2007 - Springy 1.3.1 is a simple and elegant, yet powerful archiving utility for Mac OS X. Springy integrates seamlessly with the Finder and includes some incredibly useful features.
At a glance, users have the ability to see the contents of an archive or disk image without being forced to extract any file from it, add, and/or extract files of choice from an existing archive or disk image, as well as previewing them. All archiving tasks can be done via Drag and Drop or through Springy's Finder contextual menu.
This makes Springy an excellent archiving utility, particularly where ease of use is desired. If you can find your way through bunch of files in Finder, you would do so in Springy in matter of seconds:
Springy Features at a glance:
* Open and browse the contents of an archive or disk image without being forced to extract any file from it.
* Quickly extract all files or only files of choice from an archive or disk image.
* Modify the contents of an existing archive or disk image on the fly: add, overwrite, delete and rename files in the archive or disk image.
* Full Drag & Drop support for archiving and extracting from and into Mac OS X Finder.
* Preview any file in an archive or disk image by double click.
* Archiving and extracting tasks may be accomplished quickly and efficiently using Finder contextual menu.
* Support for all most widely used archiving and compression formats: ZIP, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, Unix Compress, RAR, SIT, JAR and DMG and ISO disk images.
New Springy Features:
* Version 1.3.1 fixes some bugs found in version 1.3.
* Support for DMG and ISO disk images.
* Support for PKZip Zip64 standard for ZIP archives.
* Support for AES encryption for files in ZIP archives.
* Support for multi-segmented ZIP archives.
* Support for Comic Book (ZIP and RAR) CBZ and CBR archives.
* Extraction to recent extraction locations or to user favorite locations, from both Springy application and Contextual Menu plug-in.
* New user interface for Contextual Menu plug-in, similar to Finder's copy window.
* Better optimization, which make both Springy application and Contextual Menu plug-in faster as well as reduce memory consumption.
* Many other GUI and usability improvements and changes.
* Mac OS X 10.3 or later for Macintosh computers with PowerPC processor
* Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later for Macintosh computers with Intel processor
* Macintosh with PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 processor or any Macintosh computer with Intel processor
* Minimum 128 MB of RAM
* Minimum 13 MB free space on hard disk (for both application and Contextual Menu plug-in)
Pricing and Availability:
The price for Springy is $18.00 USD (both Springy application and Contextual Menu plug-in included). Users can enjoy Springy in almost its full functionality for free; it will never expire, with no reminders to register. By registering Springy, supports further development and improvements. Registered users take priority in support and feature requests.
To use Springy application with archives bigger than 50MB in size, or archives that contain more than 500 files or folders, and use Finder Contextual Menu plug-in to browse archive or disk image content, users need to purchase and register the application.
Dragan Milić has been developing personal productivity software solutions since 2003. With a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction, Dragan is committed to providing the highest quality software.