March 25, 2015 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado - St. Clair Software today is happy to announce the availability of a free update to its App Tamer utility for Mac OS X. App Tamer 2.0.5 corrects a compatibility issue with Safari, as well as delivering numerous changes to improve its usability. These changes include:
* App Tamer now offers its cpu history graph with a logarithmic scale - This mode shows much more detail when cpu usage is a lower percentage of total capacity, a common occurrence on 8- and 16-core Macs
* Fixed problems with 64-bit Safari plugins not being stopped and started correctly
* App Tamer now shows more helpful error messages and automatically fixes permission errors during installation
* Corrected a bug in App Tamer's logic for hiding stopped applications
* App Tamer's user interface has been polished to be more attractive and informative
More about App Tamer:
Some Mac applications, especially web browsers, continue running tasks or animations even when they're supposed to be idle in the background. This can consume valuable processing power, reducing battery life and producing heat that increases fan noise. App Tamer's unique AutoStop capability automatically slows down or pauses these applications when you switch away from them, and then restarts them when you click back to them. This frees your CPU and reduces power consumption.
App Tamer comes pre-configured to automatically manage Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Spotlight, Time Machine, Word and many other apps when they're in the background. And customizing it for other applications is just a mouse click away.
Pricing and Availability:
App Tamer will operate on any Macintosh running Mac OS X version 10.7 or higher. You can try App Tamer free for 15 days. A license to continue using it after the trial period is $14.95 (USD). If you bought App Tamer 2.0 this update is free. If you purchased App Tamer 1.x after July 1, 2013 the update is also free. If you purchased your license before that date you can upgrade for $7.95 (USD).
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2015 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.