March 26, 2015 in Health and Fitness (E)
[prMac.com] San Rafael, California - Designed to battle childhood obesity and teach healthy habits for life, the new U of Chew app teaches children how food and lifestyle choices they make affect their bodies and emotions. Follow the adventures of a group of students and their professor through many adventures at the U of Chew and places in Tastee Town.
"I have been on the front lines of our growing obesity health crisis for years," said Dr. Gerard Roberts, Co-Founder of GenUwin Health. "The inspiration for U of Chew came from my experience with treating thousands of children and their families. We produced the app for children and their parents to help them lead productive, successful, healthier lives."
"We worked closely with Dr. Roberts in order to insure that the information is correct and in a language young children would understand," said Nicole Lundeen, Founder and CEO of FatRedCouch. "Childhood obesity is a problem that can be controlled through education and awareness, and the U of Chew can be a big part of that process."
In a world made of giant food and a cast of characters that are sure to surprise and delight, children visit Tastee Town and learn more about the healthy choices they can all make every day in a fun and immersive way:
* The Bodinator helps children discover what BMI (Body Mass Index) is, and how to measure and use it as a guide for a healthy body
* Learn simple, family-friendly recipes for every palette in the Tastee Town Garden
* In the Art Department, using images of the U of Chew and Tastee Town, there are dozens of simple-to-use, immersive painting, drawing, and mixed media collage tools - Images can be saved to a device's photo library for sharing
* Enjoy Jigsaw Puzzles with scenes from the app and bonus images you create in the Art Department - Children can control difficulty, set the number of pieces and apply special effects
* Play a simple, but fun, memory game of Concentration using with the U of Chew cast of characters and food items
* In the Brainery, drag and drop food items in a Rube Goldberg style activity that teaches what's in food and how it effects the body physically and emotionally
* In the Sugary, learn about which sugars are helpful for the body and which foods are best
* In the Catchery, learn about marine biology and how and which fish and seafood help the body (like Omega 3's)
About GenUwin Health:
GenUwin Health's mission is to empower children and their families to make healthier choices for a better life. We accomplish this through education and awareness of the personal choices and environmental factors that cause obesity. We hope that with engagement we can help to foster a generation of self-determined, knowledgeable, and motivated young people who can make the best possible choices for themselves. Learn more at GenUwin Health.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 227 MB
Pricing and Availability:
U of Chew 1.00.07 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category. There is also an Android version available.
FatRedCouch blends brands and technologies to create innovative entertainment, publishing, and educational experiences using digital platforms and physical goods - Digital Durable. In 2014, the company launched several new products a with a blend of classic brands like Puff, the Magic Dragon and new brands FRC has created with partners such as Charlie the Chocolate Chihuahua and The Magic Toy Maker. This year, FatRedCouch is slated to launch multiple cross-platform new titles expanding content categories and audience reach through: core curriculum, personalization, health & lifestyle, and while extending it's Digital + Durable with interactive/connected merchandise, toys and wearables. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Fat Red Couch, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.