April 7, 2015 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado - St. Clair Software is pleased to release Default Folder X 4.7 today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs enlarges the filename field in Save dialogs, fixes slow-downs, makes command-delete safer and more.
Default Folder X was honored with Macworld Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility because it makes Open and Save dialogs "work the way they should." Its custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What's New in Default Folder X 4.7:
* The filename edit field in Save dialogs is now resized to be as wide as possible, letting you see and edit long filenames without scrolling.
* Default Folder X will intercept Command-Delete in Open dialogs to invoke its "Move to Trash" command instead of the built-in OS X behavior (which immediately trashes the selected file without warning).
* A bug has been fixed that could cause long delays in Default Folder X when some disks or network volumes were unavailable.
* On Mac OS 10.10.3 and higher, Default Folder X will no longer fix Yosemite's ever-growing-save-dialog bug (because Apple has finally fixed it).
* Corrected a bug that resulted in Finder comments being duplicated when they're saved.
* A number of other minor issues have been addressed.
St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.10 Yosemite
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.7 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It costs $34.95 (USD) for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2015 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.