April 14, 2015 in Image Editing (E)
[prMac.com] Luxembourg - Houdah Software today is proud to announce the release of HoudahGeo 4.1, a one-stop photo geocoding and geotagging solution for Mac OS X. HoudahGeo "pins" photos to locations where they were taken. Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo embeds latitude, longitude and altitude information within the image file. HoudahGeo writes industry standard EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags.
HoudahGeo can load images from iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom as well as the new Apple Photos media library. Upon geotagging images, HoudahGeo can notify iPhoto and Aperture Places of the newly added metadata. It is however currently not possible to update location information stored in the Apple Photos media library. We recommend that you geotag your photos before importing them into the Photos library. Please refer to the "Houdah Software Tips & Tricks blog" for a detailed workflow.
As a one-stop geocoding for the Mac, HoudahGeo caters to two very different needs:
* Geotagging for archival purposes using EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
* Geocoding for publishing to Google Earth, Flickr, EveryTrail or locr
HoudahGeo can publish GPS tracks and photos to Google Earth: see your photos in context along the path you travelled. Geotagging is essential for professionals who need to know and show where photos were taken. It really shines when documenting travel. Image a Safari. Animals roaming in the middle of nowhere. Driving all day to capture the best moments. Return home and see a birds-eye view of your journey. Locate the exact tree that leopard was perched in.
HoudahGeo offers a myriad of ways to geocode photos:
* Automatic: Matches photos to GPS track logs and waypoints
* Reference photos: Matches photos to reference photos taken using iPhone
* Using a map: Pick locations using the built-in maps
* Using a Google Earth: Point to the desired location
* Precision: Attach photos to GPS waypoints
* Manual: Enter coordinates found on Google Earth, Wikipedia, ...
HoudahGeo 4.1 includes the following enhancements and fixes:
* HoudahGeo can now access images in the Apple Photos media library
* HoudahGeo automatically offers to notify iPhoto / Aperture upon EXIF / XMP export
* MapBox maps in HoudahGeo look even better than ever before
* HoudahGeo can now handle NMEA track log files with a .txt extension
* Mac OS X Version 10.8 through 10.10
* Digital camera
* Optional GPS track logger
* Optional iPhone or GPS-enabled camera
* 39 MB of disk space
Pricing and Availability:
A full-featured trial version is available. Licenses can be purchased from the Houdah Software store. HoudahGeo 4.1 is priced at $29 (USD) for a single-user license. A family license is available for $44.
Founded in 2005 by Pierre Bernard, Houdah Software is a small company based in Luxembourg, Europe. Houdah Software specializes in quality software for Mac, iPhone and Apple iPad. Our mission is to pair quality products with excellent customer support. Copyright (C) 2005-2015 Houdah Software s. r.l. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.