April 28, 2015 in iAnnouncements (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - GeniCan launches a $50,000, 37-day Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for its innovative smart garbage can. Money raised from the campaign will go towards production costs of the GeniCan. GeniCan is an intelligent device that affixes to your garbage can, translating barcodes and spoken word into grocery lists. It is used in tandem with the GeniCan iOS & Android app, which sorts and lists frequent purchases - listing them by aisle in your local supermarket - finds and downloads online coupons, and estimates home delivery. GeniCan saves you time and money by making your grocery shopping more efficient.
Here's how it works:
* GeniCan installs easily in your garbage can and scans items as you (or anyone in your home, family or office) discard them. It alerts you when the garbage is full.
* If an item doesn't have a barcode, such as fresh produce, baked goods or handmade items, GeniCan will simply ask you "What would you like me to add to your list?" and your response is translated to text and automatically sent to your personalized shopping list you can access on your phone via the GeniCan iOS & Android app.
* You'll never circle the store wondering where the juice packs are again, the app will make your shopping trips more efficient with your grocery list sorted by aisle.
* Wasting money on products you already have in your pantry but forgot about is a thing of the past, and GeniCan offers coupons for the products you purchase the most.
* If you want to eliminate the trip to the grocery store altogether, GeniCan will offer direct shipments from online retailers as you throw your items in the trash.
Co-founder and Inventor of GeniCan, Rob Griffin, says, "I'm excited to launch GeniCan to the Indiegogo community. GeniCan is a simple, elegant solution for the struggles of the modern kitchen. Help us fund our project and save money, time and hassle at home."
GeniCan was founded in 2014 by Rob Griffin, Daniel O'Donnell and David Pestka, and is based in Newtown, Connecticut, USA. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 GeniCan. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.