June 1, 2015 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Marina del Rey, California - uKind, Inc today is proud to announce the release of uKind 1.1 in the App Store. This application is the first of its kind. Free and requiring no registration, uKind allows anyone to express gratitude to people around them for any act of kindness. A user can express gratitude and acknowledge kind acts by sending a "Kindness Point" from a list of Facebook friends, Twitter followers, via email or a phone number. Along with the "Kindness Point" the user sends a gratitude message that she/he either chooses from a list of canned thank you phrases or types her/his own.
Once the "Kindness Point" is sent the user has a choice to make her/his thank you message (or a description of the kind act) available for public release on the Kindness Wall within the application. Messages can also be made available on Facebook or Twitter. "Kindness Points" are accumulated by the recipient within the application and their number is seen in parentheses next to the user's name on the Kindness Wall. The sender of "Kindness Points" receives one "Kindness Point" back for every 10 points that she/he sends. The more "Kindness Points" a user receives, the higher her/his aptitude for kindness. Accumulated "Kindness Points" can also be redeemed for gift cards and other goods from major retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Starbucks and others via mPOINTS application integrated within uKind.
In addition to making someone happy by acknowledging her/his kind act, the sender of the "Kindness Point" engages in a so-called happiness-boosting activity by expressing gratitude. Research in positive psychology recognizes that happiness-boosting activities, such as expression of gratitude, have a long-lasting effect on an individual's well-being, promote her/his mental and physical health, and have antidepressant effect.
* Facebook integration with access to friends
* Twitter integration with access to followers
* Address book integration with access to phone numbers and emails
* Option to send Kindness Points and post thank you messages on Facebook
* Option to send Kindness Points and tweet thank you messages in Twitter
* Option to send Kindness Points and thank you messages via email
* Option to send Kindness Points and thank you messages via phone SMS
* Search for friends in Facebook
* Search for followers in Twitter
* Search for people in phone's address book
* Search for individual's emails in phone's address book
* mPOINTS integration
* Option to redeem Kindness Points for gift cards via mPOINTS
* Access to review acts of kindness described by other users
* iOS 7.0 or later
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 14.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
uKind 1.1 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
uKind, Inc was founded by Andre Mirzoyan and Sergei Tatishchev. Andre Mirzoyan is successful iOS game developer. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 uKind, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.