September 15, 2009 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Mons, Belgium - Creaceed today announces the immediate availability of Prizmo 1.1, an image processing application that enables digital camera owners to scan any document. Based on customer feedback, Creaceed integrated the highly accurate OCR engine from ExperExchange Inc., into Prizmo, and released a user-friendly and reliable application for Mac OS X (Snow) Leopard. Mac users can really do without a scanner, even more now.
Nowadays, more and more people own digital cameras, and these cameras often have 10 megapixel sensors. As a 10 megapixel image is roughly as good as a 300 dpi US-Letter scan, using a digital camera for scanning documents is an easy way to save room and money.
What's new in version 1.1?
* State of the art OCR technology
* 10 languages available (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian)
* Adjustable grid for easily selecting the text to be recognized
* Result preview (interactive text skimming of recognized text areas)
* Several file types for saving the results (PDF, RTF, TXT)
* Spotlight indexable results
* Snow Leopard compatibility
Prizmo also has other convenient functions:
* Direct browsing of camera content, and of iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom libraries
* Lens distortion correction
* Perspective correction
* Real time preview of extracted image
* Guessing of optimal DPI for current image/grid configuration
* Brightness, contrast, sharpness and saturation tuning
* Smart Binarization for even improved output resolution
* Collaborative sharing of camera calibration data
* Clean and user-friendly interface
* Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard or later
* Any Intel Mac or a PowerMac G5 with at least 64MB of VRAM (GPU) required. Mac with Intel processor and at least 128 MB VRAM highly recommended
* A digital camera (Prizmo supports all digital cameras: compact cameras, DSLRS, iPhone cameras, etc.)
Pricing and Availability
Prizmo 1.x costs $39.95 (USD), and is available in English, French and German on Creaceed's website. A time-unlimited trial version is available. The demo version generates watermarked JPG, PNG and TIFF files. OCR results can be previewed within the application.
Media licenses are available for members of the press upon request.
Creaceed, a Belgian company with a passionate team experienced in signal and image processing, provides intuitive and easy to use creative applications to Mac professionals and consumers: Hydra, for HDR image creation from regular photos; Morph Age, for morphing and warping images and movies; Magnet, for adding special effects to QuickTime movies with motion-tracking features; and Prizmo, for scanning documents with a digital camera. Creaceed also provides Vocalia, an English, French and German speech recognition application, to iPhone users, and a speech recognition SDK to iPhone developers. Copyright 2008-2009 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhoto and Aperture are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.