September 16, 2009 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Camp Verde, Arizona - HousePlant 411 for iPhone and iPod touch is a guide for indoor plant lovers, whether novice or expert. The app is designed with shopping and plant care in mind. Internet access is not required for full functionality. With Internet access the user can take pictures with the iPhone and contact "ask the expert" by email.
The Browse module lists 50 houseplants with thumbnail pictures. JAMF considers the plants in Houseplant 411 the most attractive and easiest to maintain indoor plants available in neighborhood flower shops or plant nurseries. The Search module provides a tool for the user to enter the lighting conditions and decorative requirements of their home or business. A list of the plants that best meet those needs appears.
Each plant has an enlargeable picture, a screen describing the plant, and sections for plant care and problem solving. Since no two plants are alike, there are no generic solutions for plant problems. Houseplant 411 addresses the specific needs of each plant. Text in the plant screens links to a reference section. The Reference section features an extensive indoor plant glossary. There are also descriptions of plant pests and diseases with enlargeable photos.
Without Internet access users can:
* Browse a data base by a plant's popular name
* Select the best plant for the user's particular needs
* Enlarge pictures of plants, pests, and plant diseases
* Create a list of favorite plants
* Learn how to feed, water, and care for each specific plant
* Learn how to diagnose and treat each plant's special problems
* Learn about plants that are certified by NASA to clean the air
* Link to references and a glossary with back buttons for easy navigation
* Consult a Help module that explains how to use the app
With Internet access users can:
* Take advantage of the "ask the expert" feature for free indoor plant advice
* Take pictures of plants and locations with their iPhone and email them, along with their questions, to an expert
* Have an expert suggest which plants are best in any given location.
* Have an expert help solve a sick plant's problems
* Take advantage of links to academic websites and large plant databases
Pricing and Availability:
Houseplant 411 is priced at $4.99 (USD) and is now available for download in the Lifestyle and Reference sections in the iTunes App Store.
JAMF Enterprises provides professional consultation and educational courses in interior plant design, indoor plant maintenance, and greenhouse management. Its clients include businesses, professional plantscapers, individual homeowners, and community groups. In addition to HousePlant 411, JAMF Enterprises provides indoor plant education and consultation on its website. JAMF Enterprises is owned by Judy and Murray Feldstein. In 1976 the Feldstein's founded Foliage Unlimited, one of the largest interior plant maintenance companies in Arizona. The Feldstein's established JAMF Enterprises upon retiring from Foliage Unlimited in 2007. Copyright 2009 JAMF Enterprises. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.