August 20, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Scottsdale, Arizona - August 20, 2007 - Cynical Peak Software announces the update of Cyndicate 1.0.2, their next generation RSS/Atom aggregator and content management application for Mac OS X.
Leveraging Mail's familiar interface and ease of use, Cyndicate presents syndicated content with an article centric paradigm. By treating the article as the base unit instead the feed itself, users have more flexibility performing actions around them with finer granularity. This article centric paradigm makes following blogs and web sites via RSS feeds as easy and efficient as reading email.
Cyndicate includes many features which help set it apart from other news readers. Users are able to manually sort and automatically filter articles into folders or create smart folders. Cyndicate will further aid the user by automatically rating new content based on previous likes and dislikes. Simply rate an existing article and new articles will be rated based on their content.
Feature Highlights in Version 1.0.2:
* Persistence allows the user to decide the lifetime of the article.
* Smart Folders: Create lists of articles automatically based on criteria you set.
* Label and flag articles for additional option when organizing.
* With Automatic Ratings, each article can be rated based on history.
* Manually or automatically download podcasts and enclosures.
* Custom article display through an advance template system using HTML and CSS.
* Easy posting to social networking sites like Digg, del.icio.us, and StumbleUpon with ShareThis.
Various Performance Improvements and Bug Fixes:
* Added an option to set the default toolbar action for the Share This item to any of the options.
* Added a dock menu item to fetch new articles.
* Added a menu item to the article preview pane's contextual menu to show linked content.
* Fixed an issue where new articles would not always appear right away in the feed view.
* Fixed an issue with filtering on fetch when an filter contained a folder that no longer exists.
* Fixed an issue that resulted from re-subscribing to a feed that is returning a 304.
* Fixed an issue that lead to negative new article counts in the feed view.
* Fixed a number of issues with the AppleScript support.
* Changed the column sorting to be based on the user location ordering rules.
* Changed the sorting order of the article state column to Unread, Changed, Read instead of Changed, Unread, Read.
* Requires Mac OS X v10.4.3 or later.
* 7.8 MB Hard Drive space.
Pricing and Availability:
Cyndicate 1.0.2 may be purchased for $29.95 USD and comes with a fully featured 21-day demonstration period.
Headquartered in in Scottsdale, Arizona, Cynical Peak Software, LLC was founded in 2003 by President and CEO, Brad Miller, with a focus on bringing high quality software to the Macintosh platform. Copyright 2003 - 2007 Cynical Peak Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.