June 26, 2015 in Reference (E)
[prMac.com] San Diego, California - MobiSystems has been cooperating with Oxford University Press since 2003 on over 190 published applications for multiple devices and operating systems. The leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English, is the foremost authority on current English language usage. It is now available for free.
The Oxford Dictionary of English FREE features:
* The most comprehensive coverage of English everywhere its spoken
* The very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings
* Thousands of words and sentences derived from the latest research of the Oxford English Corpus
* 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including words with variant pronunciations
Completely revised and updated to include the most comprehensive and accurate picture of the English language today, the Oxford Dictionary of English is the most authoritative dictionary app available. The current edition includes thousands of words, phrases, and meanings, as well as up-to-date encyclopaedic information.
The application has an immense amount of features that will help you navigate quickly and effortlessly:
Search Tools - effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. You will always find what you are looking for with the integrated search tools:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
Learning Tools - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* 'Favourites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* 'Recent' list to help you easily review looked-up words
Bonus feature - 'Word of the day' section to help expand your vocabulary every day:
* Be amazed by a new word every day - allowing you to develop your English knowledge to a higher standard
Casper Grathwrohl, President, Oxford Dictionaries, says, "We are delighted to work with MobiSystems on this new app. It will allow users across the world to access the latest language updates from our renowned language research programme wherever they are and at any time, as well as give users the chance to engage and learn with Oxford Dictionaries."
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 144 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Oxford Dictionary of English FREE 8.0 is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category.
Founded in 2001, MobiSystems has been a leading provider of mobile productivity and business apps ever since. As the developer of the award winning mobile app OfficeSuite, MobiSystems serves over 200 million individual and enterprise users in 205 countries. It is a Google Play Editor's Choice, and the top app in the business category with over 350,000 reviews. OfficeSuite is also PC Magazine's Editor's Choice and InfoWorld's Best Office App for Android. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 MobiSystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.