September 17, 2009 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Saint-Petersburg, Russia - ProteMac today announced ProteMac NetMine 1.5, an update to their network firewall for Mac OS X. ProteMac NetMine intercepts all network activity traveling from and to your Mac and from every an application of your Mac. NetMine firewall can prevent all unwanted outside and inside traffic from reaching protected machines.
Firewall can restrict or prevent outright the spread of networked computer worms, trojans, viruses and malware. NetMine firewall is a new breed of information security technology designed to protect Mac OS X computers from attack from outside network and from software on your computer.
The two-way firewall stops inappropriate or malicious access to your computer from both internal and external network sources. As a frontline defense, it prevents malware from spreading, providing protection against hackers, loss of personal data, unknown malware, and unauthorized program activity.
ProteMac NetMine provides the first line of defense against malicious software by proactively controlling how programs behave and interact on a Mac and preventing security breaches. Proactively monitors for and blocks sophisticated hacking techniques used to compromise or steal data. By analyzing threats and displaying actionable alerts, Host Protection blocks zero-day attacks and other unauthorized activities, providing advanced protection against botnets, rootkits and inadvertent data disclosure.
Auto-learning and Automatic configuration modes allows users ti setup typical rules for program activity and firewall monitored connectons. Rules for most known programs that access the Internet are applied automatically, relieving you of the need to enter rules manually every time a new application accesses the Internet or interacts with another program.
New in Version 1.5:
* Snow Leopard support
* Web Update
* Misc fixes
Feature highlights include:
* Protects against viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, bots, and rootkits
* Stops threats at point of entry with a quiet two-way firewall
* Blocks browser, OS, and application threats; protects against infected Web sites
* Helps secure and monitor your home network
* Intercept unwanted network connection attempts
* Detailed information of all incoming and outgoing network traffic
* Two-way firewall
* Network Monitor for visualizing network activity in real-time
* Internet Worm Protection
* Controls incoming and outgoing TCP/IP traffic and data
* Intrusion Prevention
* Protects against spyware and Trojan horses
* Protects against all kinds of intrusions
* Protects against network attacks
* Protects against ping floods, port scans, and more
* Simple and advanced firewall modes
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 40 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
NetMine is available for only $29.95 (USD) for a Single License, and may be downloaded directly from the ProteMac website.
Located in historic St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, Intelus, Ltd. is a privately funded company founded in 2002. Leveraging their longtime experience in the video industry, Intelus' goal is to develop best-of-breed tools for the Mac platform, and lead to the creation of Macvide. Copyright 2002-2009 Intelus, Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.