August 24, 2015 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Rutland, Massachusetts - Sokat Studios today is proud to announce the release of Perkee 1.0, the first iOS Keyboard App that allows for "Per-Key" Customization. Available now, newcomer Perkee gives users full control over their keyboards, down to the individual size, shape, appearance, and sound of each and every key. As if that's not enough, the app is also easy to use and free.
Perkee was developed specifically for its wide range of users - whether young, old, technologically challenged, or disabled. What started off as a small Swift training project, when iOS 8 came out in September 2014, evolved into a full-scale application that highlights the realm of possibilities in the world of custom keyboard creators.
To help spark some creativity, the app is currently equipped with thirteen keyboards, six themes, and seven backgrounds which are pre-populated in the Perkee keyboard library and are available as free downloads. The library includes such keyboards as Xylophone, for the musically inclined, or Jungle, a playful keyboard for kids.
When creating Keyboards from scratch, users can choose between the Basic and Advanced Editor, depending on their desired degree of customization:
* The Basic Editor offers a simple way to change the background, key look, and sound collection of the keyboard. This is more or less equivalent to the level of functionality that other keyboard apps currently have. This editor is ideal for those in search of a unique keyboard, but lacking enough time to create one from scratch.
* The Advanced Editor is recommended for users who have some time to spare and would like to put their imagination to use. This is where users have complete control to alter the size, shape and location of individual keys on the keyboard and even to choose custom layouts. Aside from traditional keyboards, users are even able to create non-QWERTY keyboards, like a Morse code machine or a musical piano.
Once a keyboard has been created through either the Basic or Advanced editors, users can also share entire keyboards, or keyboard elements, through some of the most popular social networks like Facebook and twitter.
"We believe we have just scratched the surface and have many more keyboard design features in the works," says Perkee developer and Sokat Studios CEO Tim Burr and adds, "With the amount of time many people spend interacting with their mobile keyboards daily, it should be a fun and individualistic experience. I urge you to try out Perkee and based on your experience, send us your feedback."
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 60.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Perkee Keyboard 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Sokat Studios is a mobile app development firm and the sister company to Scopic Software, a global leader in quality, economical custom solutions for web, desktop and mobile apps that scale seamlessly across platforms and devices. For visually engaging, unique, and compelling software solutions, visit Scopic Software's website. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Scopic Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.