September 16, 2015 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Paris, France - Dare Do Be today is proud to announce the release of Pendilly 1.0, their new messaging app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. Pendilly allows anyone to type a message, capture or import a photo or video, and then choose a specific future time to deliver the message to a fellow Pendilly user. The unwitting recipient then receives a notification letting them know a message is on the way, but doesn't tell them who sent it, or when it will arrive!
Pendilly is the messaging app that dares to do things differently. Instead of immediately delivering a message, the app allows users to add to the mystery and enjoyment of their message. Users can send messages that will be delayed from a minimum of 5 minutes, all the way up to a maximum of 1 month! Adding why tags help build the suspense and create interest in the message, leading up to the final reveal!
"As a company, Dare Do Be is always looking for ways to bring more emotional value to our users via our apps," says Pendilly founder Samy Allaham. "Pendilly allows users who have become bored with using the same social networks over and over again to regain the excitement of sending a message to their friends. A message that allows them to build anticipation, and finally excitement, when the message is delivered at last!"
How Do Users Make a Pendilly?
1. Anyone can simply type a message, capture or import a photo or video to send to the lucky recipient.
2. Select a specific time in the future to deliver the Pendilly. Delivery times can range from a minimum of 5 minutes, all the way up to a maximum delay of 1 month. The recipient will receive a notification that a Pendilly message is on its way, but they won't be told who it's from, or what the message is about.
3. Optional "Why" tags add to the fun! Why tags are sent to the Pendilly recipient to view before the delivery date. The recipient won't know anything else about the upcoming Pendilly message before it is delivered. Be creative, drive the recipient crazy with curiosity with hints about the message via the Why tags.
4. Send the Pendilly directly to the recipient to be delivered at the scheduled time. Their anticipation will continue to build until the Pendilly is finally delivered. After the recipient reads the Pendilly, it's almost guaranteed to receive a great reaction!
Using the app can be as simple as sending a quick Pendilly to a friend to make them smile, pay a special someone a little extra attention, help build anticipation for an upcoming big event, commemorate a moment, or just surprise or aggravate a friend or family member. Users will find a number of ways to have fun with the app, and will have fun exploring the many ways "future messages" can be used to communicate with other Pendilly users.
Pendilly has just finished an extensive beta testing phase, and now it is ready for public release. The beta testers found fun new ways to use the app that even the developers hadn't thought of! Members have used Pendilly to share content that they don't usually share on the well-known social networks. They shared content with themes such as "in case you missed it," or "bet you didn't know about this," and even shared their highlights with their contacts. Most active Pendilly users are teenagers and send several pendillies every day.
Pendilly has also began implementing a few pendillies that users can follow, in order to receive them in the future. The followed pendillies section includes: "Pay it forward," "Jokes," "Inspiring stories," "Pendilly behind the scenes," and more will come. Users that follow these pendillies will receive them daily, weekly, or bi-weekly.
The Pendilly community is just beginning, but its already growing stronger everyday. Interested users can find out more about the Pendilly app and its growing community at the Pendilly website.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or higher
* 20.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pendilly 1.0 is free, and available in the US and France exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Pendilly is developed by Dare Do Be, a French startup laser-focused on delivering ever-increasing emotional value to its community. Pendilly dares to do things out of the ordinary and believes sharing differently can add more value to messages, pictures and videos. Pendilly aims at empowering people to dare to create the future in a simple way, by using time and tags to send messages into the future with more emotions and more fun. Time is a precious and powerful emotional medium and we use it to connect us on a deeper level. Copyright (C) 2015 Dare Do Be. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.