September 29, 2015 in Disk Cataloging (E)
[prMac.com] Langenhahn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner today is pleased to announce the release of NeoFinder 6.8 (formerly known as CDFinder). Keep track of your digital files, photos, songs, movies, fonts on hard drives, USB sticks, servers, Blu-ray disks, DVD-ROMs, CDROMs, and any other digital media. NeoFinder generates thumbnails and metadata of your files, for powerful search possibilities, smart folders, albums, and more.
The new NeoFinder 6.8 is certified to run Apples brand new Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). Also, NeoFinder 6.8 now can write Finder Tags for files and folders, and finds faster.
New Features in NeoFinder 6.8:
* NeoFinder 6.8 is certified to run in Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan!
* You can now add or change keywords (Finder Tags) to all files and folders! NeoFinder will not only store these keywords/tags in its catalog, but also attaches them to your original files and folders, just like Apples Finder does
* Find performance is now faster in Yosemite and El Capitan (that is a serious bug from Apple, and we worked around it)
* New Find Editor parameter: "Has no Tag"
* Cataloging Adobe XMP data will now give precedence to XMP over possible IPTC tags in a file
* NeoFinder now recognizes ExFAT volume types
* Fixes several memory problems during cataloging
* Fixes a problem in the "Any Text doesn't contain" Find Editor parameter
* Fixes a problem with the regex Find parameter
* Fixes a possible problem when cataloging certain malformed MOV video files. NeoFinder will no longer seem to "hang" in that case
* Fixes a problem in the "Find All Files in this Folder" context menu command
* Fixes a problem when cataloging the textual content of certain PDF files
* Fixes a problem when finding in a very large, very busy database folder in a network setup
Metadata - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP data. All these are arranged clearly in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, and text files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays amazing facts about any geolocation in the unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Mobile - Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 62,000 customers in 98 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organise their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Requires Mac OS X v10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, or 10.11 El Capitan
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is available, too
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 6 is a paid update to licensed users of CDFinder, update price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, and more) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. NeoFinder 6.8 is a free update to all NeoFinder customers.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the audio transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2015 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.